NRD90T vs NRD90U?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two builds? I'm running U but I've seen that people are getting T with OTAs.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not beta. If you look on the factory image page there is a 7.0 T and U. The U is listed after the T build so the U build should be later but U was posted to the image page before T so there is something very strange going on.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Apparently S, T, and U are running in the wild but whatever, my Nexus 5x is running great, I like Android 7, and life's good.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Different version numbers coming through OTAs and staggered rollout between different devices. There has to be a better way.

Oh, the different version numbers if there were only the two, T & U I wouldn't have an issue with because some folks signed up for a beta while others didn't. But there's also an S, for which I have no idea who or what it is intended for and have to agree with you. Personally I like the staggered roll outs because it gives them a chance to make corrections while any adverse impacts of bugs aren't sorted among a small population. However on the beta track, it seems that all beta users receive the updates at approximately the same time while users of the regular track are still staggered.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey pt - very weird - I got the OTA for September yesterday for my 5X and it is S.
Especially weird since the factory image page doesn't list a T build for the 5X, only the 6P.

One question, though: Are these different builds/OTAs only going out to phones enrolled in the beta program?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There don't seem to be any differences in the kernel or build date between the two, here is the screenshot of the About info for U

Screenshot_20160915-162741.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699