Why my screen has a grey "layer" when I turn a video full screen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're using Chrome, then Android System Webview is automatically Disabled, since in Nougat and above, Android System Webview's functions are incorporated into Chrome.

I'm afraid I'm all tapped out of ideas.:-\ If I think of something else, I'll let you know.

joeynitro

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
I had the same problem as OP but on my Samsung galaxy note 10 plus where every video would have a faint grey "owerlay" over it and after looking through the developer options I saw that there was an option called "Disable HW overlays". After enabling that I went back to the video and LO AND BEHOLD... I no longer had that problem.
So try looking for an option like that if you have enabled developer options (if not, then spam tap on the "build number" or the "kernal version"
in about phone until it says you are now a developer) and disable HW overlays

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201011-172052_Settings.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201011-172052_Settings.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SmartSelect_20201011-172104_Settings.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201011-172104_Settings.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 5

Newmike

Dec 6, 2021
Visit site
I had the same problem as OP but on my Samsung galaxy note 10 plus where every video would have a faint grey "owerlay" over it and after looking through the developer options I saw that there was an option called "Disable HW overlays". After enabling that I went back to the video and LO AND BEHOLD... I no longer had that problem.
So try looking for an option like that if you have enabled developer options (if not, then spam tap on the "build number" or the "kernal version"

You are a god among men. Thank you so much.

mecon86

Oct 26, 2022
Visit site

omg thank you so much idk why but only samsung internet was showing this stupid gray tint and with this option its gone it was like months