LG G7 ThinQ android.process.acore keeps stopping

jaypuck

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG G7 ThinQ that is just over a week old. Earlier today I started getting the error message "android.process.acore keeps stopping" whenever I try to open the phone app, and frequently when just sitting on the home screen. I have read several things online about how to fix this issue and have tried them all, up to doing a complete factory reset on the phone and reinstalling everything. I restarted in safe mode to rule out an app causing it, and got the error right away.

I'm going to do ANOTHER factory reset and install a bare minimum of stuff to make the phone usable. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

graphichome

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Same problem here. Woke up today to the phone showing this message. Did not have this issue yesterday. Plugged the phone into the charger last night and didn't touch it until today and the message started showing up. I have also tried the posted solutions but nothing has worked. Hope to not have to do a factory reset on the phone.

Scott Soucy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Same problem with my phone, an LG V30. The issue only started after installing the Booking.com app, if I remember correctly. I'm at work today and it's driving me nuts! I can text, but can't make a call. Can't seem to boot into safe mode, either.

chiliva

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I contacted LG through their chat app. They said it was a new problem to them, and it was being "escalated" but that I should try a factory reset. I have done that, and so far, it appears to have worked. Will update if that changes.

jaypuck

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Do either of you happen to use the imgur app? That's what I was using both times when the message started appearing. I did another factory reset last night and did not reinstall imgur and so far the error has not reappeared.

Zac_h72

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG v30 and got the same problem yesterday. I did a factory reset on it last night, and it was working fine then. But then I got the same message again about 20 minutes ago. So I'll delete Verizon Cloud to see if that works

jaypuck

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Uninstalling Verizon cloud seems to have fixed it for me as well. Note that on my G7 it just showed up in the app list as Cloud, not Verizon Cloud.

Matthew Laxton

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
This worked for me. Disabling the verizon cloud. Even a factory reset didn't do it, but as soon as i disabled the verizon cloud, the issue disappeared. I'll let you know if it comes back.

rweaver7777

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
It is IMPORTANT to not only disable the Cloud app but to reinstall the factory default version. Being an IT geek, I changed ONE thing at a time to nail down exactly what fixed it. Just disabling and leaving the old version there, even with deleting the data did NOT fix the problem. Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty