Question Facebook App and Browser issues

dotdotdotdot

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
So. Many. Issues. Any help or ideas would be appreciated as it's driving me insane:

- The main Facebook app keeps fading to black when scrolling the news feed. It clears when pressing the back button but reappears seconds later
- Facebook Lite - doesn't have the black out issue but keeps displaying broken page links
- Facebook via Chrome browser - broken page links all over the place

Solutions I've tried:
- installing and reinstalling the app
- clearing data and cache for play store and chrome
- factory reset my phone

Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and what versions of Android OS and the Chrome browser are you using? If these are out of date, that can affect how apps and sites run (especially Facebook).

If everything is up to date, then it might be a Meta problem. Facebook and related apps have always been pretty poorly coded, especially for Android.

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and what versions of Android OS and the Chrome browser are you using? If these are out of date, that can affect how apps and sites run (especially Facebook).

If everything is up to date, then it might be a Meta problem. Facebook and related apps have always been pretty poorly coded, especially for Android.
Agreed. @dotdotdotdot - The Bookface app has always had its issues. If you’re using a newer device and you’re running Android 13 or 14 already, I would suggest deleting Facebook and re-installing, or simply restarting your device. BTW welcome to the forum; I’m pretty new here too, and it’s a mighty friendly and helpful place to hang out!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. @dotdotdotdot - The Bookface app has always had its issues. If you’re using a newer device and you’re running Android 13 or 14 already, I would suggest deleting Facebook and re-installing, or simply restarting your device. BTW welcome to the forum; I’m pretty new here too, and it’s a mighty friendly and helpful place to hang out!
Your uninstall and reinstall solution is half correct.

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what it's like in fruit land, but Facebook's android apps are absolutely awful. The best solution is not to use the service at all, but if it must be done a third party client is best.

If you can still even do that. Aside from messenger, I've been clean since the start of 2021.
OK then - Keeping in mind that I came over to Android from iOS only a month ago, I still need an explanation. It looks like you may be saying that Bookface doesn’t need to be re-installed? Be nice I’m a relative Android noob lol - - —

Reactions: Tractorlegs

Tractorlegs

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
I don't know what it's like in fruit land, but Facebook's android apps are absolutely awful. The best solution is not to use the service at all, but if it must be done a third party client is best.

If you can still even do that. Aside from messenger, I've been clean since the start of 2021.
Thanks for the response - I think I’m safe because my Facebook time is spent on my iPad (“Fruit Land” lol), although my limited experience with FB on my Razr is pretty good.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter