Custom binary is locked by OEM lock

Vahag Vardanyan

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,
I've tried to install some package by adb command on my galaxy j530f (2017). After rebooting it keeps telling "Custom binary is locked by OEM lock ".

Is there a way to fix this problem without installing custom firmware and without reseting knox?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, you have to unlock the bootloader. That may or may not trip Knox (check with the devs at XDA).. Evidently the package is designed to be installed through the bootloader. Are you sure it's even for the J5F?

Unlocking the bootloader requires enabling developer options (Settings/<wherever else you may have to go - depends on the version of Android>/About phone - tap Build number 7 times, tap the Back button, Developer Options should be there, Unlock bootloader should be in Developer Options), then you have to run fastboot after you've booted to the bootloader and use fastboot to issue an unlock command. (This also factory resets the phone, so back everything up first.)

Vahag Vardanyan

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
The phone won't turn on. It tells "Custom binary is locked by OEM lock " and then turns off automatically. I've tried factory reset but it didn't help.
So i can't even turn on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez