Lenovo TAB2 A10 Won't access Google Play after update

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I have a Lenovo TAB2 A10 and it was working fine on 5.0.1.
I did the system update to take it to 6.0. The update of course erased everything so I am starting fresh. I am fine with that and the update itself went smooth.

Now though the Google Play store will not update or DL any apps from Google play.
Even remotely trying to install them.

Youtube also won't play videos even though it sees and lists them all. It is not the internet connection, Gmail and Chrome work fine.

I Googled and tried everything anyone has mentioned about Google Play store connectivity issues.

Things I tried:

I have removed and re-added my account a few times.
I have cleared the caches and data for Google Play and Google Play services.
I have updated the Google Play and Google play services apps from apkmirror.com, it let me DL those.

I have restarted it many times. Setting it to factory seems silly since it just was for the update.

I am simply out of ideas. Anything I try to install or update just sits there pending..

Any help would be appreciated. I honestly don't know what else to try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was this an over-the-air update, or did you have to download it from some website and manually install it? System updates should not force a factory data reset -- your personal data should always be preserved after an update, unless something went wrong.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Was this an over-the-air update, or did you have to download it from some website and manually install it? System updates should not force a factory data reset -- your personal data should always be preserved after an update, unless something went wrong.

No it was over the air. A system update. The update said all data would be erased.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's very unusual -- a system update shouldn't require a complete factory reset.:confused:

You already cleared the cache/data for the Play Store, but did you also do it for Download Manager as well? To find it, tap Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System.

Are you having the connectivity problems on any wi-fi network, or just your own? If it's just your own, try rebooting your router, by unplugging its power for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, see this guide for more ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's very unusual -- a system update shouldn't require a complete factory reset.:confused:

You already cleared the cache/data for the Play Store, but did you also do it for Download Manager as well? To find it, tap Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System.

Are you having the connectivity problems on any wi-fi network, or just your own? If it's just your own, try rebooting your router, by unplugging its power for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work, see this guide for more ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

HEY!!! That may have fixed it!!! THANK YOU!!!

I did not clear the cache for download manager, first time anything I read mentioned that, though that sounds like common sense.

The only other change is I brought it into work so am on a different Wi-Fi. I just checked it at home and i am good now. It was the download manager cache!

Thanks man, you really helped me out!

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Great! Are you still having issues with YouTube as well, or did that resolve?

Yes it also started working, I guess it also depends on the Download manager even to just play videos.

I honestly Googled as much as I could and everything just mentioned the other two services. Download manager makes sense, I didn't see it not thinking of the system apps. I should have known better, I work in IT. :)

Thanks again man. I LOVE this tablet. I think it is awesome for the price and now it is usable again.

I also think it is weird the system update erased everything but it is what it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty