Android lollipop on lg v410?

Tersanyus

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Tablets always seem to take a long time to get upgrades. I wouldn't count on seeing the v410 lollipop upgrade for months. Maybe not even at all. Phone upgrades take a while too but since carriers sell way more phones than tablets that's why phones get new Android updates quicker. I have a v410 as well. Also have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 on AT&T as well that is still on 4.4

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got the upgrade notice to Lollipop 5.0
I'm vewy wawy since my Nexus 7 (2012) bricked in February after getting L
I'm waiting to see other's results. It's also available for the Gpad 8.3 which my SO is using for Kindle.
Fence sitting doesn't screw things up
edit:
I did the update
It came over wifi even though I had mobile data on (VZW)
We'll see if it works
I figured it was all VZW and I just got the tablet with a warranty
:cool:

Last edited:

Tersanyus

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the 5.0 upgrade for the AT&T LG G Pad 7 LTE is finally here. See: Upgrade Device Software for the LG G Pad 7.0 LTE (V410)- AT&T Wireless Support* - Sadly looks like only 5.0.2. I might have expected as long as this took it would be 5.1 or so but oh well.

Mine says no update available, even pushed date ahead two days and still none. Even though the above says effective 8/5 (two days ago) the update might not yet be live on AT&T's servers.

I'll check back here once mine is updated. And for those of you who do update, the tablet may be laggy and may be less responsive after the update. I'd very strongly recommend after upgrading to Lollipop that you factory reset the tablet and then set it up as a new tablet. I've gone through numerous upgrades from KitKit to Lollipop and the devices are usually much better after factory resetting after an OS upgrade like this.

Last edited:

Tersanyus

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally received the update. All went well since I as not rooted or anything like that. Not used it for long but seems a bit more responsive. I did factory reset and set up as new after doing the Lollipop upgrade.

chamyism

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Just updated my gpad and it's now very buggy! Barely any apps work and it hangs a lot. Not even google play can update. How do I return to kitkat??? Help!!

Update: just did a factory reset. About to download my apps again. Let's see.

Last edited:

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and got the update this morning, so far so good. It seems to be faster and more responsive.

Posted via the Android Central App

stuman74

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
My V410 still says 4.4.2 is current. However, I do not have an AT&T sim card in it. Do you need one to get the update? Per the AT&T update website, it says you need WiFi which is how I am connected.