A51 5g To edit contacts

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I have an updated A51 5g, Android 13 and One UI 5.1.

I wanted to edit the contact but, contrary to what happened, I can't and I don't see how.
If I choose the contact, nowhere does the edit option appear, if I click on edit in the top right corner, and choose the contact, it doesn't let me make any changes.

I've looked online and there are several similar complaints with no solutions.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have an updated A51 5g, Android 13 and One UI 5.1.

I wanted to edit the contact but, contrary to what happened, I can't and I don't see how.
If I choose the contact, nowhere does the edit option appear, if I click on edit in the top right corner, and choose the contact, it doesn't let me make any changes.

I've looked online and there are several similar complaints with no solutions.
Thanks in advance
Regards
On my S23+, you have to first click on the ( i ) info icon, then you'll see an 'Edit' option below.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the More Samsung Phones forum to the Galaxy A Series forum, FYI.

Is the contact saved to one of your cloud accounts (like your Google account or your Samsung account), or is it saved to the local Phone account or SIM card? Although it's very uncommon to save contacts to the SIM card, I think this is still possible, and it's one of the reasons why a contact can't be edited.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
I moved this from the More Samsung Phones forum to the Galaxy A Series forum, FYI.

Is the contact saved to one of your cloud accounts (like your Google account or your Samsung account), or is it saved to the local Phone account or SIM card? Although it's very uncommon to save contacts to the SIM card, I think this is still possible, and it's one of the reasons why a contact can't be edited.
Hi
The contacts are in internal storage.
Thanks
Regards

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Thanks but no such icon .
I don't know what is happening and if this happens only after updating to One UI 5.1.
Regards
When you lightly tap on the contact, it doesn't expand - showing four icons (i.e. Phone, Messages, Meet, ( i ) info)? I'm still running One UI 5.1. as well.

Hi
The contacts are in internal storage.
Thanks
Regards
Where do you see where your contacts are saved.

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
When you lightly tap on the contact, it doesn't expand - showing four icons (i.e. Phone, Messages, Meet, ( i ) info)? I'm still running One UI 5.1. as well.

Where do you see where your contacts are saved.
Settings - > Apps - > contacts - > storage (3,3 MB used in internal storage).
Regards

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Settings - > contacts - > storage (3,3 MB used in internal storage).
Regards
Oh, so you mean... Settings > Apps > Contacts > Storage ? Yes I see it now.

Did you lightly tap on the contact — to expand it — so it then shows four icons (i.e. Phone, Messages, Meet, ( i ) info) ? That's what the contacts do in my [ One UI 5.1. ] version.

S23+ software.jpgContact expanded.jpg

Last edited:

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Oh, so you mean... Settings > Apps > Contacts > Storage ? Yes I see it now.

Did you lightly tap on the contact — to expand it — so it then shows four icons (i.e. Phone, Messages, Meet, ( i ) info) ? That's what the contacts do in my [ One UI 5.1. ] version.

View attachment 360186
Hi
The four icons, here, are: Messages, Meet, Delete and Share as you can see in the attach pic.
Thanks
Regards
dfafa00cd0e00302a1f532916258dec6.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi
The four icons, here, are: Messages, Meet, Delete and Share as you can see in the attach pic.
Thanks
Regards
dfafa00cd0e00302a1f532916258dec6.jpg
Perdoe-me !;-)
Then I would suggest you contact your carrier/mobile phone company, and ask them how to edit your contacts. Though someone else might come alongside here that knows, so until then, keep an eye on this thread for awhile. ;-)
. . or . .
Então, sugiro que você entre em contato com sua operadora/companhia de telefonia móvel e pergunte como editar seus contatos. Embora alguém possa aparecer aqui que saiba, até então, fique de olho neste tópico por um tempo. . . .(is that very close? ;-)

Last edited:

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Perdoe-me !;-)
Then I would suggest you contact your carrier/mobile phone company, and ask them how to edit your contacts. Though someone else might come alongside here that knows, so until then, keep an eye on this thread for awhile. ;-)
. . or . .
Então, sugiro que você entre em contato com sua operadora/companhia de telefonia móvel e pergunte como editar seus contatos. Embora alguém possa aparecer aqui que saiba, até então, fique de olho neste tópico por um tempo. . . .(is that very close? ;-)
This impossibility is recent. The last time I edited a contact was a while ago and everything went well so I think it was after updating One UI to 5.1.
Thanks
Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a contact that you created, and not one that was already on the phone when you set it up (like a Samsung customer support contact), right?

When I get a chance to look at my Galaxy A32 5G, I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
This is a contact that you created, and not one that was already on the phone when you set it up (like a Samsung customer support contact), right?

When I get a chance to look at my Galaxy A32 5G, I'll see if I can replicate the issue.
Hi
This happens with any contact. The one where I noticed the problem is already old. In fact, I can still create contacts but then I cannot edit them.
Thanks anyway
Regards

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi
This happens with any contact. The one where I noticed the problem is already old. In fact, I can still create contacts but then I cannot edit them.
Thanks anyway
Regards
Have you contacted your carrier/provider/mobile phone company — and asked them how to edit your contacts?

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
Have you contacted your carrier/provider/mobile phone company — and asked them how to edit your contacts?
Hi.
I couldn't find a solution so I ended up going around. I installed "Google Contacts" app and in this application I can edit without any problem; and, in the original "contacts", the contacts then showed edited.
Thanks again
Regards

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I couldn't find a solution so I ended up going around. I installed "Google Contacts" app and in this application I can edit without any problem; and, in the original "contacts", the contacts then showed edited.
Thanks again
Regards
Nice to hear that you found a work-around. (y)

Reactions: cmgam

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm back home now and can access my Galaxy A32 5G. I can definitely see an Edit button when I select a Phone Storage contact:

Screenshot_20240222_122818_Contacts.jpg

If you're still interested in troubleshooting, go to Settings>Apps, select Contacts (not Google Contacts), and then Permissions. Does the app have permissions for Contacts and Phone? (I know, it would be silly for a Contacts app not to have permission to access Contacts, but it's possible to deny it.)

Reactions: Laura Knotek

cmgam

May 10, 2021
Visit site
I'm back home now and can access my Galaxy A32 5G. I can definitely see an Edit button when I select a Phone Storage contact:

View attachment 360210

If you're still interested in troubleshooting, go to Settings>Apps, select Contacts (not Google Contacts), and then Permissions. Does the app have permissions for Contacts and Phone? (I know, it would be silly for a Contacts app not to have permission to access Contacts, but it's possible to deny it.)
Lol. I had already seen this and it was as it should be.
Strange!
Thanks anyway,
Regards

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000