QRemote?

natedog155

May 4, 2012
Visit site
While going through all apps in the storage settings I saw that QRemote was listed... Its not accessible any other way I can tell, has anyone else been able to use it?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
While going through all apps in the storage settings I saw that QRemote was listed... Its not accessible any other way I can tell, has anyone else been able to use it?

I have not noticed that myself on mine. I will take a look when I get home and let you know. I do know that the Smart Remote app I use on my galaxy s4 does not work.

Posted via Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
From what I can tell the QRemote app that is listed is just the service for the infrared blaster. There is no way to launch the app and use it.

Posted via Android Central App

changepas39

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally discovered a workaround for QRemote missing from the G Pad 8.3 GPe. I'll do my best to explain what I did.

So I decided to use Nova Launcher on my G3 and after I was finished setting everything up I created a backup with Nova. I wanted to set up my G Pad up the same way. So I wouldn't have to start from scratch I used the Nova backup for my G3 on my G Pad. Once I did this I saw the icon for QRemote on my homescreen (in the same place as it was on my G3). I clicked on it and QRemote opened. I paired it to my TV and it works!

I'm not sure why this works but I'm glad it does! This was one of my main issues with the GPe of the G Pad.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally discovered a workaround for QRemote missing from the G Pad 8.3 GPe. I'll do my best to explain what I did.

So I decided to use Nova Launcher on my G3 and after I was finished setting everything up I created a backup with Nova. I wanted to set up my G Pad up the same way. So I wouldn't have to start from scratch I used the Nova backup for my G3 on my G Pad. Once I did this I saw the icon for QRemote on my homescreen (in the same place as it was on my G3). I clicked on it and QRemote opened. I paired it to my TV and it works!

I'm not sure why this works but I'm glad it does! This was one of my main issues with the GPe of the G Pad.

I used an app called Any Cut and made a shortcut to it on my homescreen. Paired it to the living room TV and cable box just fine.

ratpakk2

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I just ran across this thread and used the any cut app to make a shortcut to the quick remote app and it worked! I have been trying for years to get the remote to work. Thanks for the tip.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez