LG G Pad 8.3 - Anyone else have a loose charging port

dolomatt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I managed to get the 50% off deal on newegg and received mine today. There is quite a bit of play in my charging port. You can hear this click inside if the cable is slightly moved while plugged in. Anyone else?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone else have a loose charging port

It could be the charging cable... have you tried others? Some off brand cables have this issue.

dolomatt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else have a loose charging port

It could be the charging cable... have you tried others? Some off brand cables have this issue.

Yes, I tried 2 others. It feels like the port is not secured on the inside. It moves up and down freely with a clicking noise like its rubbing up against something inside.

I have never experienced this on any tablet/phone. Has this happened on your LG?

msage

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine is nice and tight
That's what she said.

Couldn't resist.

Has anyone seen a guide on how to repair or possibly replace the charge port? Mine has a very hard time keeping connection and will constantly connect and disconnect repeatedly, very annoying and makes charging extremely difficult

fig4159

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It's not the cable, it's the port. Ours broke after being loose for a while and a small piece of metal fell out. Now, it's unusable coz it can't be charged. We're expert at breaking these; we have 4 other tablets (2-Asus TF700 & 2-iPad Air) with the same damn issue. I looked everywhere, unsuccessfully, for teardown instructions or a repair video for this model. I can tell you that the part is readily available online (which alone should tell you something) for under $15. I watched YouTube videos on replacing this part on LG phones and tablets by other manufacturers: some are pretty simple, others not. We crack screens ALL the time, it costs us a fortune. We've had great luck with a national chain, UBreakIFix. I just requested a quote online to replace the port and screen; I'll post the cost when I get it, but costs may vary by location. I'm sure there are many equally experienced repair shops out there, just check reviews and warranty, not just prices. FWIW, I've supplied my own replacement screen and had it swapped for $50, but no warranty. Hope this helps!