Since my Wear update 5.0.1, why am I having a dim mode issue?

flyer00jay

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Wear update 5.0.1 dim mode issue

Since my watch updated yesterday, it no longer has "always on" watch faces, even though it says it is "on".
There is what appears to be a small light bulb with a line through it on each watch face. Does anyone know what this is or what happened?
I don't like having to press the button to see what time it is...

Thank you.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wear update 5.0.1 dim mode issue

Since my watch updated yesterday, it no longer has "always on" watch faces, even though it says it is "on".
There is what appears to be a small light bulb with a line through it on each watch face. Does anyone know what this is or what happened?
I don't like having to press the button to see what time it is...

Thank you.
You're in theater mode. Turn on the screen to see the watch face. Swipe down from the top until you see the battery level and mute control. After about a second you'll see some dots at the bottom. Swipe left and the first setting will be theater mode.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wear update 5.0.1 dim mode issue

Did this fix your issues with it not dimming like before? I seem to have lost that after updating to 5.0.1. Theater mode turns the screen off. Before you could set the screen to 'off' and it would dim ever so slightly without completely turning the screen off. I'm not liking this!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87