LG G2 or wait for the nexus 5?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Help people, I want to get the LG G2 as soon as it's available in the UK on contract, but should I wait for the nexus 5? Will the devises be similar, with the exception of the price being cheaper on the nexus?

Posted via Android Central App

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
At the very least, wait for the N5 specs to be official. They could be different from what's been leaked. You can then make a more informed decision and possibly avoid any regrets or refund hassles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Help people, I want to get the LG G2 as soon as it's available in the UK on contract, but should I wait for the nexus 5? Will the devises be similar, with the exception of the price being cheaper on the nexus?

If you enjoy stock Android, want the latest and greatest OS as soon as it is released, and tend to favor software over hardware, then you may want to wait to see more about the next Nexus. However, if you prefer cutting edge hardware, I wouldn't be overly optimistic (you may still want to wait though). From early leaks, the Nexus may only have a 2300mah battery. I'm sure it'll be enough to get through a day for most users, but I wouldn't expect to have the same battery life as the G2. I'm betting there will also be some other hardware cutbacks. Possibly the camera, or maybe the screen. It's impossible to say, but the Nexus has always come with slightly less than top-of-the-line hardware and I personally don't see that changing yet if ever. Nexus devices are not carrier subsidized so Google has preferred to keep the price affordable.

I too considered waiting to find out more about the Nexus, but once the details of the G2 were released I took the plunge, and I've been thoroughly satisfied. Screen, battery life, camera and speed. It hasn't been often that Android has nailed all four of those on one device.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
If you enjoy stock Android, want the latest and greatest OS as soon as it is released, and tend to favor software over hardware, then you may want to wait to see more about the next Nexus. However, if you prefer cutting edge hardware, I wouldn't be overly optimistic (you may still want to wait though). From early leaks, the Nexus may only have a 2300mah battery. I'm sure it'll be enough to get through a day for most users, but I wouldn't expect to have the same battery life as the G2. I'm betting there will also be some other hardware cutbacks. Possibly the camera, or maybe the screen. It's impossible to say, but the Nexus has always come with slightly less than top-of-the-line hardware and I personally don't see that changing yet if ever. Nexus devices are not carrier subsidized so Google has preferred to keep the price affordable.

I too considered waiting to find out more about the Nexus, but once the details of the G2 were released I took the plunge, and I've been thoroughly satisfied. Screen, battery life, camera and speed. It hasn't been often that Android has nailed all four of those on one device.

Thanks for the advise, I think I will wait to see, just encase the nexus can match up in the camera department with the LG. Either way I can't wait to get my hands on either of them

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advise, I think I will wait to see, just encase the nexus can match up in the camera department with the LG. Either way I can't wait to get my hands on either of them

If you can wait it's likely best as others have said to see what the N5 specs are. I am doing the same thing as in Canada the G2 does not release until the end of the month anyways.

The biggest factors for me will be battery and camera, if the rumored 2300mah battery on the N5 is true I personally find that rather small and feel it would be difficult to get through an average day, But we will see. I current have an S3 and struggle some days with the battery (2100mah and way less powerfull than the N5 will be)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was considering waiting for the N5 but opted for the G2 and I'm glad I did. I expect the N5 to have lesser hardware specs compared especially if the price point is going to be anywhere near last year. There's no way LG would kill the G2 by releasing the same spec phone unsubbed for half the price.