G2 to Note 3 to.... Maxx?

Paperino

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I know we all like to justify owning the phone we plopped our hard cash down on, but, after owning it for a month, I sold my G2 and moved to the Note 3. Why?

Well, I originally ordered the Note 3 when it was announced. When the G2 came out, I decided that I had had enough of Samsung (had a Note 2, a GS4) and that I wanted to try something else.... The G2's specs sold me. I love the form factor, the screen, the feel.... Fast, bright... you name it.

I soured on the software,though. Little things, like the highlight in Gmail being too thick. The dialer not having the same functionality as Samsung or even Motorola (i owned a Droid Razr Maxx before), Facebook Messenger crashing all the time. I tried the Quiet mode setting, but it wouldn't respect my times, and just kept the phone quiet all the time....

Then, I had the occasional issue with the voice squeal during calls. Reception was good, but call quality was hit and miss.

Finally, the super fast phone started slowing down. Whereas it was super fast when I got it, I started getting stutter in scrolling and slow response in opening/closing.

I know, honeymoons soon end, but I didn't have those same issues with Samsung before, nor Motorola. So, I left, sold my G2 and bought a Note 3. Am I in love? No, I am not... It just works a bit better for my needs.

I am considering purchasing a Droid Maxx. Motorola's reception has generally been the best for me, so the Maxx is a consideration... We'll see.

I know my experience is just what it is, many are happy with the G2. It just ended up not being for me. Hope this helps someone.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear the G2 wasn't what you wished for. Im very glad i dont call issues like others. I have to say i love the phone and as of right now i wouldnt give it up for nothing. The maxx looks nice but the off screen buttons is something i love that i missed on my galaxy nexus back in the day.

danean08

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I know we all like to justify owning the phone we plopped our hard cash down on, but, after owning it for a month, I sold my G2 and moved to the Note 3. Why?

Well, I originally ordered the Note 3 when it was announced. When the G2 came out, I decided that I had had enough of Samsung (had a Note 2, a GS4) and that I wanted to try something else.... The G2's specs sold me. I love the form factor, the screen, the feel.... Fast, bright... you name it.

I soured on the software,though. Little things, like the highlight in Gmail being too thick. The dialer not having the same functionality as Samsung or even Motorola (i owned a Droid Razr Maxx before), Facebook Messenger crashing all the time. I tried the Quiet mode setting, but it wouldn't respect my times, and just kept the phone quiet all the time....

Then, I had the occasional issue with the voice squeal during calls. Reception was good, but call quality was hit and miss.

Finally, the super fast phone started slowing down. Whereas it was super fast when I got it, I started getting stutter in scrolling and slow response in opening/closing.

I know, honeymoons soon end, but I didn't have those same issues with Samsung before, nor Motorola. So, I left, sold my G2 and bought a Note 3. Am I in love? No, I am not... It just works a bit better for my needs.

I am considering purchasing a Droid Maxx. Motorola's reception has generally been the best for me, so the Maxx is a consideration... We'll see.

I know my experience is just what it is, many are happy with the G2. It just ended up not being for me. Hope this helps someone.

I had the Maxx before getting the G2. That was the worse phone I had had in a long time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Have the N3 now, last phone was the DROID Maxx. It's hard to compare both phones, I never had an issue with resolution on the Maxx and that was coming from the S4 and having an HTC One, but side by side with the N3 there was a significant difference since the N3 Amoled gets so much brighter. Battery and active notifications along with minimal bloat made me enjoy the Maxx more than the S4 and One. I think you could be happy with the Maxx but it may be harder if you're going to it from the N3.

Posted via Android Central App

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm considering a g2 or DROID maxx. My primary concerns are battery and camera. G2 because of the camera (supposed to be the best) and large capacity battery. The DROID maxx cause I love my razr maxx (just not the camera) but I want something faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

Daingerfield

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering a g2 or DROID maxx. My primary concerns are battery and camera. G2 because of the camera (supposed to be the best) and large capacity battery. The DROID maxx cause I love my razr maxx (just not the camera) but I want something faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

I can warn you that the G2 is not good at all with low light situations for the camera, but everything else about the phone is outstanding. I am not the heaviest of users but I do get a day and a half or more on the G2's battery.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I can warn you that the G2 is not good at all with low light situations for the camera, but everything else about the phone is outstanding. I am not the heaviest of users but I do get a day and a half or more on the G2's battery.

i thought it took good low light pictures? or are you talking more about the focus issue? i've been reading about how it takes a long time to focus.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My G2 focuses just fine in low light and takes decent photos. The lowlight photos are on par with every other smartphone camera that all struggle to some degree with lowlight. It takes on average about a second longer than average to focus so if that's horrible, I'm cool with that type horrible.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My G2 focuses just fine in low light and takes decent photos. The lowlight photos are on par with every other smartphone camera that all struggle to some degree with lowlight. It takes on average about a second longer than average to focus so if that's horrible, I'm cool with that type horrible.

No doubt. People have become so ridiculously entitled that they make a big deal about a phone that is a phone and not a camera taking an extra few seconds to focus in low light. If you want a camera that performs in low light get a $600 to $2500 DSLR that does nothing but take pictures. This $600 phone is a phone, a computer, and a camera in a much smaller package. You can't expect perfection from every feature and from every phone, otherwise you may as well say every single phone on the market sucks.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

papergirl1330

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
the s3 took good pics in low light and auto focused much quicker excuse me for having expectations with a newer more expensive device with amazing specs, if I only wanted a phone I'd get a flip phone, smartphones are expected to " do it all" some live up to it and others don't