LG G2 Sim Card Problem

Steven Goldstein

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had just recieved my LG G2 recently from Verizon Online. I turned it on and it had trouble authorizing the sim card that is pre-loaded into the phone. Very quickly, I removed the sim card, and tried a different one not realizing that a sim card tray had also popped out from the phone. So now I have the sim card completely stuck inside of the phone with no way that I can think of to take it out. The phone DOES work surprisingly, but I feel that it will eventually lose contact within the phone or possibly damage it. I brought it to the Verizon store and they told me "no can do without insurance." I refuse to pay insurance, so is there a better option for me to remove it?

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I had just recieved my LG G2 recently from Verizon Online. I turned it on and it had trouble authorizing the sim card that is pre-loaded into the phone. Very quickly, I removed the sim card, and tried a different one not realizing that a sim card tray had also popped out from the phone. So now I have the sim card completely stuck inside of the phone with no way that I can think of to take it out. The phone DOES work surprisingly, but I feel that it will eventually lose contact within the phone or possibly damage it. I brought it to the Verizon store and they told me "no can do without insurance." I refuse to pay insurance, so is there a better option for me to remove it?

Wow. It wont shake loose?
I dunno. You may have to hunt down the repair manuals online and figure out how to remove the back cover.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow. It wont shake loose?
I dunno. You may have to hunt down the repair manuals online and figure out how to remove the back cover.

The back cover comes off with a little work... Just get a couple of plastic wedge tools and start around the SIM slot. Be very careful and diligent. I took mine off to install a skin. I didn't want any water seeping into the device.

Good Luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeba