Useful tip that I haven't seen posted...

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
All of the buttons in the pull down notification drawer(Wi-Fi, GPS, quiet mode, etc), can give you immediate access to further setting.

Simply pull down the drawer, and long press on the specific toggle to get to the full menu.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And this applies to most Android phones, too :) Great tip, and you're right, such an useful bit of info and not really all that well documented...

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
All of the buttons in the pull down notification drawer(Wi-Fi, GPS, quiet mode, etc), can give you immediate access to further setting.

Simply pull down the drawer, and long press on the specific toggle to get to the full menu.

I actually never knew this, and always went through settings when I wanted more options. You're very right, great tip.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I actually never knew this, and always went through settings when I wanted more options. You're very right, great tip.

Are you sure? Im running a custom rom and long pressing does nothing

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure? Im running a custom rom and long pressing does nothing

I'm absolutely sure. I am also running a custom ROM (beanstalk 4.3) and long press on the tiles in my notification shade pulls up the full settings menu for that specific toggle.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
4.1.1 sense 4+ stock rom with tweaks so mite be blocked or simply not introduced ( htc needs to get sense 5 for this thing already for at&t)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
4.1.1 sense 4+ stock rom with tweaks so mite be blocked or simply not introduced ( htc needs to get sense 5 for this thing already for at&t)

Hmm. If I remember correctly, quick setting tiles weren't introduced with sense 4...it might just be an addition to the ROM, but not the fully developed feature that is baked into 5+. Sense 4 + 4.1.2 didn't have toggles in the notification shade at all, at least not with stock. Here's what the tiles look like on my ROM.

Attachments

• 1382900486739.jpg
    1382900486739.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 25

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it's baked in in the OS... Devs (likely the case in the custom ROM you're using) choose to disable this or not. Proof is that this tip will work just fine on a 'Vanilla Android' Nexus device. :)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it's baked in in the OS... Devs (likely the case in the custom ROM you're using) choose to disable this or not. Proof is that this tip will work just fine on a 'Vanilla Android' Nexus device. :)

I need to get a vanilla version

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss