just ordered LG G2

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
so finally made the order had to do it online, since store would not approve my early upgrade. Was trying to decide between note3 for $299 or LG G2 for $99. I think the $99 was a no brainer, plus more manageable, that note3 was just too big. I went with black, was trying to decide between white and black, but i like how black makes it look all one and no edges. they also gave me 6 GB data, since I lost unlimited for same price as 2 GB, which is fine since I hardly go past 2 GB

Funny thing when i talked to customer service and told her what phone I wanted she said she never heard of LG G2 or ever sold one, I was shocked? Are they really pushing other droid phones that much?

Should be here tuesday, finally replacing this gnexus

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Its a shame you couldnt keep your unlimited. I hope they didnt talk you out of it and you explored all your alternative upgrade options. The reason why I mentioned it is bc on my old phone I didnt use over 2 gig either, vw said blah blah you dont need unlimited. And I tell you what you really do end up using the hell out of the phone I cannot do less then 10 gig with this baby. Its so blazing fast ans smooth you dont realize how much you burn through.
so finally made the order had to do it online, since store would not approve my early upgrade. Was trying to decide between note3 for $299 or LG G2 for $99. I think the $99 was a no brainer, plus more manageable, that note3 was just too big. I went with black, was trying to decide between white and black, but i like how black makes it look all one and no edges. they also gave me 6 GB data, since I lost unlimited for same price as 2 GB, which is fine since I hardly go past 2 GB

Funny thing when i talked to customer service and told her what phone I wanted she said she never heard of LG G2 or ever sold one, I was shocked? Are they really pushing other droid phones that much?

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Its a shame you couldnt keep your unlimited. I hope they didnt talk you out of it and you explored all your alternative upgrade options. The reason why I mentioned it is bc on my old phone I didnt use over 2 gig either, vw said blah blah you dont need unlimited. And I tell you what you really do end up using the hell out of the phone I cannot do less then 10 gig with this baby. Its so blazing fast ans smooth you dont realize how much you burn through.

What other options are there just curious? It has not shipped yet, won't until Monday I am sure I can cancel if I really had to or ask for a better deal.. She said only way I can keep my unlimited is if i buy off contract full retail price.

I did look at my history and I never go above 1 GB with the nexus but it could have been because the gnexus lost reception 50% of the time. I figured if I do 2-3 GB a month the 6 GB should cover me for same price as 2 GB which I think is $30 a month for data plan

At work and home I am on wifi, so it mostly when I travel that I need the 4G.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why didn't you just do the device payment plan. Couple extra bucks a month phone is paid in year. Perfect setup and u keep your unlimited.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
That more money i would like to spend right now, wouldn't that be around an extra $50 a month for a full year, and then what happens with next upgrade have to do same to keep it?

I am trying to figure out what you all use so much data a month? Do you stream tv/netflix? I don't do any of that and if I did would be on wifi. Mostly when I am travelling and using 3g/4g would be just doing web browsing/facebook and playing games on the train. That is if I can even get a connection most times I am lucky to get 3G when I am travelling though hoping this phone will get better connection then my old nexus.

I mean if there is a way I can keep unlimited without outright buying full phone or paying extra sure I am all for it. I am sure it only a matter of time maybe 1-2 years before verizon completely drops unlimited even if you outright buy device, unfortunately Verizon is my only option here =(

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 lines on my account. One had a tiered data plan the other unlimited. I transferred the upgrade from my unlimited plan to the tiered plan and purchased on the tiered line. Once phone arrived I activated the phone on the tiered plan and then transferred it back to the unlimited . They gave me that b/s of 6 gig and not using more that 2 gig... meh . The other option is if you only have one line is to open a new line for 10 bucks a month and then doing the switchero oo with that line , but since you pay 10 bucks a month for 24 months you do lose 240 bucks.

I dont live on the phone to consume 10 gig a month. Im a big news consumer, if i download 1 hour podcast that is like 500mb., or a game they are like 2 gig now,

What other options are there just curious? It has not shipped yet, won't until Monday I am sure I can cancel if I really had to or ask for a better deal.. She said only way I can keep my unlimited is if i buy off contract full retail price.

I did look at my history and I never go above 1 GB with the nexus but it could have been because the gnexus lost reception 50% of the time. I figured if I do 2-3 GB a month the 6 GB should cover me for same price as 2 GB which I think is $30 a month for data plan

At work and home I am on wifi, so it mostly when I travel that I need the 4G.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines on my account. One had a tiered data plan the other unlimited. I transferred the upgrade from my unlimited plan to the tiered plan and purchased on the tiered line. Once phone arrived I activated the phone on the tiered plan and then transferred it back to the unlimited . They gave me that b/s of 6 gig and not using more that 2 gig... meh . The other option is if you only have one line is to open a new line for 10 bucks a month and then doing the switchero oo with that line , but since you pay 10 bucks a month for 24 months you do lose 240 bucks.

I dont live on the phone to consume 10 gig a month. Im a big news consumer, if i download 1 hour podcast that is like 500mb., or a game they are like 2 gig now,

Yeah I have 2 other lines I am on a family plan, but the other 2 lines have only 2 GB, I was the last one to have unlimited. I am not going to add a third line just for this, thanks for the info though.

I don't think i have many other choices I mean I looked at my history chart and most months doing less then 500 MB, some as low as 300. I am sure it will go up getting a new phone, but after a month or so will go back to my normal usage.

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
so i just saw my email confirmation order, they never told me about $30 upgrade fee, also it mail in rebate no instant rebate, not a big deal but i don't get why not done instantly why bother?

If i had ordered through website could have got instant with free overnight shipping, but it would not let me order through website.

Oh well i called them up said nothing they can do to waive, and only way to get back unlimited is to buy phone outright for full price.

I am not going to let it bother me and just going to enjoy my new phone.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
All new phones have the $30 upgrade fee. Something they started a year ago.
so i just saw my email confirmation order, they never told me about $30 upgrade fee, also it mail in rebate no instant rebate, not a big deal but i don't get why not done instantly why bother?

If i had ordered through website could have got instant with free overnight shipping, but it would not let me order through website.

Oh well i called them up said nothing they can do to waive, and only way to get back unlimited is to buy phone outright for full price.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
dont be hasty transfer your upgrade from your unlimited line to the other line( you can do yourself online) then upgrade on other line. and activate on the other line then transfer it over to your unlimited.

Some verizon reps say it cannot be done but I did it like 2 months ago. Everything is going to cloud. more cloud more data usage

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
just got my phone today after fedex got delayed due to holidays..first thing was updated software to latest vzw hotfix or whatever that is

But I can tell right off the bat booting up was incredibly fast compared to nexus wow.

only thing i noticed right away is phone gets very warm on back of phone near the middle to top where camera is, but i guess that is normal with such a fast phone, just tested with antutu benchmark and got 35818 - wow compared to nexus which got 9K this phone is fast!

Last edited:

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still amazed that you were able to get a new LG G2 for only $99 without completing your current contract. That is incredibly cheap without completing your current contract. My current contract doesn't end until April of 2015 and I was getting tired of the low battery life of my htc dna so I wanted a LG G2 for many reasons but I thought my only choice be to buy a used one. I found one in mint condition for $400 on eBay and have been very pleased with it so far.

I assumed a new one from Verizon without contract would be somewhere around $700? Well, at least buying a used one I didn't have to pay the $30 activation fee a new phone would incorporate.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38