What sets the G2 apart from the rest of the pack?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a little background, my mother recently lost her Galaxy SIII and I gave her my old HTC Rezound to hold her over until July. Since Verizon proved less than helpful with helping her get an early upgrade (even though she has at least 10 years with Verizon and has had up to 5 lines with them, not to mention 17 months on a 2 year contract). Thus, I've decided to use one of my lines that is due for an upgrade to get her a G2. I was really contemplating getting her an iPhone at one point, but she's had an Android device for quite a while and for her to get all the apps she wants on Apple, it would cost more than the phone.

So my question, what feature(s) on the G2 set the device apart from other devices? I thought the buttons on the back were a clever idea, although I can imagine my mother dropping the phone or accidentally powering the phone off with the buttons. Any quick tips you can suggest so I can make sure my mother gets the most out of her G2?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the combination of the following sets the G2 apart from other Android phones.

1. great battery life
2. innovative button placement
3. blazing fast w/ no lag at all
4. very good camera
5. knock on/ off screen (don't need to use power button)
6. minimal bezel (5.2 in. screen in phone the size of S4)
7. Universal Touch (easy access to volume and home)
8. Amazing screen (no issues in direct sunlight)
9. rapid charging (~1.5 hrs.)
10. guest mode
11. plug & pop (customizable & works well)
12. Inverted color option (good for reading)

The Verizon variant also has wireless charging.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the combination of the following sets the G2 apart from other Android phones.

1. great battery life
2. innovative button placement
3. blazing fast w/ no lag at all
4. very good camera
5. knock on/ off screen (don't need to use power button)
6. minimal bezel (5.2 in. screen in phone the size of S4)
7. Universal Touch (easy access to volume and home)
8. Amazing screen (no issues in direct sunlight)
9. rapid charging (~1.5 hrs.)
10. guest mode
11. plug & pop (customizable & works well)
12. Inverted color option (good for reading)

The Verizon variant also has wireless charging.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

I didn't bother to check, but does the G2 have an IR diode for using it with TVs?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
For me, the main selling point was the big, beautiful, nearly phablet sized screen in a form factor similar to other flag ship devices (HTC One, S4). I'm so in awe of the feat of engineering I hate to even put a case on it.
The battery life is a close second.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I am happy with my Note 3, and while it does take some getting used to the size, I know my mother wouldn't be interested in the size of something like my Note 3 (I bought it mostly so I could remote desktop into computers because I didn't want to carry around a tablet). Good to know she'll be happy with her new surprise.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Delivered the new device to my mother today. Initially she enjoyed it like any other device I had given her. We put the quick window case on it and I put my 7 month old niece's pic as her lock screen wallpaper, and she just lit up. That quick view window makes the device look very slick. One of the clocks available reminded them of a Cadillac they had last year.

It's definitely a nice device, and while I'm perfectly fine with my Note 3, it's nice to know that there are plenty of devices out there that outperform the iPhone. :-D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2