Hangouts after Spark update

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I havent received the Spark upgrade package yet but Im wondering if any who has started using Hangouts as their primary SMS client. I've been wanting this to work but found it woe-fully inadequate, especially for MMS. Just wondering if anything has really improved

Fozz929

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried to use Hangouts as my default messaging app when Google flipped the switch to allow it to handle SMS/MMS. Unfortunately, I could never receive or send MMS messages. After I found out that it was a LG G2/Sprint issue, I just went back to LG's messaging app (decent, but I really wanted Hangouts).

After the Spark update, the issue has been completely resolved. I have sent and received many MMS messages without any problems. Hangouts just feels better to me overall; I'd definitely recommend moving over to it full-time.

TOONZGURU

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Same story here. I really wanted to try out Hangouts when I got my G2 but the MMS issues made it unusable. Would definitely recommend it over stock texting app now that the patch had fixed all the issues that I had with it.

Posted via Android Central App

ryanmtech

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This is great to hear. I recently switched to Hangouts as I love the overall feel much better as well. Then I got my first MMS and now 12 MMS messages later I was starting to go back to the native messaging app. Glad to hear they fix it with the update, now if only my OTA would push >.>