Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

Goldschmidt

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - ***Release starts March 31st***

So, ever since I cleared the Google Services Framework 3 times earlier today, no matter how many times I go to update my software it says "Last checked for update on 12/31/1969. Even worse, none of my Google apps work at all and I can't even log into my Google account on the Play Store (I did a factory reset on my phone to try and fix the problem but it didn't work at all). Any suggestions or help?

roderickwatson1

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

So, ever since I cleared the Google Services Framework 3 times earlier today, no matter how many times I go to update my software it says "Last checked for update on 12/31/1969. Even worse, none of my Google apps work at all and I can't even log into my Google account on the Play Store (I did a factory reset on my phone to try and fix the problem but it didn't work at all). Any suggestions or help?

I had the same thing happen but i factory reset using twrp and then did the google services thing 3 times and i got the update

Goldschmidt

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I had the same thing happen but i factory reset using twrp and then did the google services thing 3 times and i got the update

So do you suggest I keep doing the Google Services thing? I can't even use TWRP because I messed up at flashing it so I always get stuck on "Fastboot mode started", so when I factory reset it I was stuck on that and I just plugged it into my PC and held the power button so it can boot normally.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

So do you suggest I keep doing the Google Services thing? I can't even use TWRP because I messed up at flashing it so I always get stuck on "Fastboot mode started", so when I factory reset it I was stuck on that and I just plugged it into my PC and held the power button so it can boot normally.

Before you can take the OTA update you need stock recover. Can you boot into recovery at all?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Goldschmidt

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Before you can take the OTA update you need stock recover. Can you boot into recovery at all?

How would I do that using the hardware buttons? I've tried holding down both the power and volume down buttons at the same time and it just boots normally.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

For me I get into recovery by turning the phone off completely than holding the power and volume down at the same time. Do not release the two buttons until it goes to recovery. If you can do a factory reset through recovery than do so.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure the LG ui has a lot to do with the absence of some features. You also can't say OK Google on the home screen to open the Google now voice function. You have to actively be in Google Now before it registers.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

You have to use the GEL Launcher.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Go back to page 15 and start reading from there. When you find the posts about "LG Backups" pay very close attention to the instructions.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Go back to page 15 and start reading from there. When you find the posts about "LG Backups" pay very close attention to the instructions.

I have 50 posts per page. There's only 11 pages for me :p

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow now I'm really discouraged. I tried the trick where you disable Google services and try and find the update, found it, installed it and it places me right back on 4.2.2 when it reboots. Thought I read about someone else having this problem but can't find it now. Sigh guess this is just not meant to be

Posted via Android Central App

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Wow now I'm really discouraged. I tried the trick where you disable Google services and try and find the update, found it, installed it and it places me right back on 4.2.2 when it reboots. Thought I read about someone else having this problem but can't find it now. Sigh guess this is just not meant to be

Are you rooted?

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Nope. Not rooted.

Did you try looking for the update again? Is the update file still on your phone to try again?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I tried downloading it 3 times. Each time everything goes exactly like it should step by step. When I reboot though I always end up on the old 4.2.2. I read that someone had this problem also but I can't remember where I saw it. I've looked in these forums and xda and Googled it. I'm sure I'll find it eventually but I hate being patient lol

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I tried downloading it 3 times. Each time everything goes exactly like it should step by step. When I reboot though I always end up on the old 4.2.2. I read that someone had this problem also but I can't remember where I saw it. I've looked in these forums and xda and Googled it. I'm sure I'll find it eventually but I hate being patient lol

Feel free to laugh at this question but sometimes tech support has to ask the obvious questions. ;)

You are running the update, and not just downloading and rebooting, correct? The ONLY reason I ask is the you say " When I reboot though I always end up on the old 4.2.2."

I wouldn't say that, I would say "when the update process finishes and it restarts the phone...". Probably just semantics but I figure I better check.

Assuming I'm being dumb, and it is running the update, does it seem to go through all the steps with rebooting, running the update, rebooting, then optimizing apps, etc?

nickc71

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Feel free to laugh at this question but sometimes tech support has to ask the obvious questions. ;)

You are running the update, and not just downloading and rebooting, correct? The ONLY reason I ask is the you say " When I reboot though I always end up on the old 4.2.2."

I wouldn't say that, I would say "when the update process finishes and it restarts the phone...". Probably just semantics but I figure I better check.

Assuming I'm being dumb, and it is running the update, does it seem to go through all the steps with rebooting, running the update, rebooting, then optimizing apps, etc?

I have the same issue - on mine - it shows the full download, then requests that you press a button to install and reboot and it warns you that it will reboot a few times... Then you see the android installation wizard and a progress bar... Upon the first reboot - it reboots back into the 4.2.2 state as if nothing at all happened... I've tried it about three times so far as well...

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here. It tells me to hit the button to reboot, our little Android robot pops up and appears to be installing the update and then it reboots back into 4.2.2. The time of installing the update seems awfully quick though. Maybe 20 seconds. Then when it reboots there is no optimizing of apps which actually makes sense if it never really updates.

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Still no update, just waiting around, hitting ck update........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty