Argh! Bought three LG D2 replacement screens that don't fit... going mental!

Keefaz

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, all.

I use my phone to basically run my business as I'm often on the move. I dropped it a few weeks back and smashed the screen and have been trying to fix it. I bought a new screen+digitizer off eBay, dismantled the phone, popped the new screen in, got all the connections hooked up... but the final connection (the screen itself) doesn't fit. The male (screen) part has, like, 6 pins more than the socket on the board.

I wrote the company an angry email, sent it back and they sent out another. Same problem. So, I assume I have the wrong screen. The phone has D802 printed all over it, but one little chip has D801 written on it. A-ha! I send off for a D801 screen. It arrived today. Exactly the same f'in problem.

Does anyone know which part or revision or whatever it is I actually need? It's made me very sad. =(

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
For 167.00 I just sent my G2 with a broken screen to LG and they sent me a brand new phone remember this phone is still under warranty for failed hardware by Taking the phone apart to replace things yourself you voided the warranty.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo