Thinking of switching to G2 from 5C!

Billy Jo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!! I will make this short and sweet and I would REALLY appreciate any advice. I am currently an iPhone 5C user ( I know I know) anyways I get bored with phones easily and like to switch around a lot. I have someone who is wanting to trade their G2 for my 5C straight up. I previously had an LG Optimus G (loved it) so I am not "new" to lg or android.
That being said I had a note 2 for a week and hated it. I loathe touch wiz and just hated the phone. From what I have read about the G2 it seems like a pretty great device. However, I went into the sprint store today and the sales rep told me he *wouldnt trade because the "G2 has a lot of software issues." What do you guys think?? Basically whichever phone I choose I need to get about a year or year and a half out of it before I can upgrade again.

Would you guys still recommend a g2?? Basically I just want a stable device (software wise) that will tide me over until my next upgrade.... But the G2 is such a beautiful device it is very tempting.

Billy Jo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So

Out of 199 views NO ONE has an opinion or advice?

I thought this community was a bit different...as in it wanted to help.

Guess I was wrong :/

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
First lg phone I've ever had....incredible,rezound,DNA to m7...now the g2. Love this thing! Size is key...big but not bulky at all thanks to buttons on the back. Not sure I'm gonna be able to go back to side buttons honestly! Yes the ui is not as good as sense but it's certainly tolerable. So far this is the best all around phone I've owned...specs still stack up against New 14's

Billy Jo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you think it will "last" a good year and a half. From this point forward? One of the reasons I am hesitant is at least I know the 5C will get probably at least two more updates...which keeps the phone feeling "fresh"

Just want to make sure I am making the best decision for my poor pocket books lol

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Rumor is yes to 5.0....but who knows. Spec wise it can certainly handle it. With lg trying to play with the big boys now...it would be in their best interest to keep pace. Also, I would have gotten s5 and m8 but passed...didn't like the feel in hand or battery life vs. G2. I've never hand a phone longer than 10 months with the itch starting after about 2 lol. No itch here...I might actually make the 2yrs

Billy Jo

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot of the response dude! I guess I just get nervous when switching to anything knew. I have read a few issues about MMS issues (sending and receiving pics/videos) is that more of a random issue than a normal one?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot of the response dude! I guess I just get nervous when switching to anything knew. I have read a few issues about MMS issues (sending and receiving pics/videos) is that more of a random issue than a normal one?

Stock messaging app is just fine. But MMS to iPhone works better using Whatsapp (especially videos).
I've had the G2 since 1 month after launch and it is still a great phone with great battery. (Actually, based on reports, the battery is better than the G3.)
I passed on the G3 as I did not see enough reasons to upgrade, nor did I think that any other new phone had enough to upgrade yet either.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer