Serious lag on my G2.

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My Sprint G2 has been lagging so bad that I want to throw it at my wall. I don't have a lot of stuff on it, I'm only using less than half of my internal hard disk space. When I hold down the home button to close apps, sometimes no apps show up as open, but I know they are. Other times, it takes forever to even show my open apps, the home button stays pressed and freezes. I am using a security and cleaning app frequently to try to combat the problem. I've also noticed a considerable drop in battery life since all this has happened. What the heck is going on!? This phone used to be amazing. Are there any fixes that don't require a full factory reset? I have important apps and app data. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am using a security and cleaning app frequently
One that claims to "clean RAM"? That's a major cause of lag and freezing. The app "cleans" an app out of RAM that Android wants to stay in RAM, so Android loads it back. The app sees it and "cleans" it out again. Android loads it back. All this time your phone is frozen.

I've also noticed a considerable drop in battery life since all this has happened.
All the loading and unloading eats battery.

This phone used to be amazing.
Used to be, when it was released about 18 months ago. Apps have gotten bigger and require more computer now.

Are there any fixes that don't require a full factory reset? I have important apps and app data.
To start, read Backing up an Android Phone. Anything important to not want to lose is important enough to be backed up. (And there's enough free cloud storage to make 3 full backups of any phone without trying hard. Everyone is giving away gigabytes of storage.)

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all of the advice! I've already deleted the cleaning app and will try a backup and full restore!

Posted via Android Central App

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I'd try to simply wipe the cache in recovery before you erase everything. Fixed a few issues I've had in the past. Google how to, it's easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch