LG G3 Caught in the Wild with Smart Cover!

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If that is a IR blaster, then where the heck do you connect the headphones. In the teaser video they showed one side of the G3 from :18 and then again at :21 and there is nothing at all on that side. So it would mean the other side would contain the charging port and headphone jack and IR blaster but I dont see any of it lol

If the GS is based off the isai FL then it would be on top
au NEW SELECTION | au

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If that is a IR blaster, then where the heck do you connect the headphones. In the teaser video they showed one side of the G3 from :18 and then again at :21 and there is nothing at all on that side. So it would mean the other side would contain the charging port and headphone jack and IR blaster but I dont see any of it lol

Or both the charging port and headphone jack are on the bottom.

Posted via Android Central App

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Both the USB charging port and the headphone jack on on the bottom of the phone. What that other picture shows is the secondary mic (for noise cancellation) and the IR blaster. See the below pic of the bottom of the phone with the headphone jack, main mic, and the USB port:

g3 front.jpg

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow..
It's really grown into a Phablet.. I sitting here looking at my 4.5" phone and 8.3 inch tablet and wondering if I would really want a phone that big.. or just keep my 4.5" for a while longer and use this money for a Nexus 8.9". I could now see coming back and getting a G2 at a sweet discount in a few months.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow..
It's really grown into a Phablet.. I sitting here looking at my 4.5" phone and 8.3 inch tablet and wondering if I would really want a phone that big.. or just keep my 4.5" for a while longer and use this money for a Nexus 8.9". I could now see coming back and getting a G2 at a sweet discount in a few months.

It will take about 2 days and you will be used to it and will look and say I can't go back to a smaller phone ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It will take about 2 days and you will be used to it and will look and say I can't go back to a smaller phone ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yea, every time I get a new phone I always think its so huge and then it just becomes normal. I don't know how those people deal with those itty bitty iphone screen. There has to be a point though where it becomes a phablet and not just a big phone. The Galaxy Note is a good example of this. While its great, its just simply way too large for the average guy to carry. Woman with a purse maybe. Guy with a pocket no way. Of course that phone is only 0.2" bigger screen than the G3 will have...

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea, every time I get a new phone I always think its so huge and then it just becomes normal. I don't know how those people deal with those itty bitty iphone screen. There has to be a point though where it becomes a phablet and not just a big phone. The Galaxy Note is a good example of this. While its great, its just simply way too large for the average guy to carry. Woman with a purse maybe. Guy with a pocket no way. Of course that phone is only 0.2" bigger screen than the G3 will have...

I carry a note 3 all day long ... you just get used to it ... the only thing I don't know if I can go down .2 inch screen size lol

Sent from my note 3 s5rom using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The G3 won't be much bigger than the M8 or S5. And the M8 is actually a bit taller.

The phone industry just keeps inching (or I guess millimetering) us towards larger and larger phones bit by bit. I used to think my Blackberry Pearl was a big phone. Little did I know.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I carry my 6 inch flex in my pocket no problem!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I carry my 6 inch flex in my pocket no problem!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

I know others with a G Flex and tried it myself in my jeans and suit pants pockets. It's really not that bad but takes getting used to if you came from a smaller phone.

i come from blackberries which are significantly smaller than the Android devices of today and i got used to the HTC one x and LG optimus G no problem

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh.. I've been there.. had an OG Note a couple of years ago.. it was a nice fat 5.3 incher.. sold it and went 4.5" which is really the ideal size for ease of use and pocketability.. We'll see... right now, only the speaker placement is a negative for me and let's see if they try to creep the price up to $699.00.. you add taxes, a case, and a screen protector to that and you are looking at close to $800.00.
subsidized or not.. in the end that's the cost.. so, we'll have to see if a phone comes with enough going for it to justify that kind of expenditure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez