Speaker on the back?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my lg g2 bottom speaker, why would lg change the speaker to the back? That's one thing I hated about my galaxy s3 and s4 (coming from iPhone 4S before the galaxy's). When the phone is laying on it's back the speaker is covered and you don't hear the full sound. I can't believe lg changed this. It's really upsetting. I can't be the only one who's bothered by this, am I? :(

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Back, Bottom. Non of these can compare to Dual Front Stereo which I don't get why it isn't the standard. :(

Having said that, I prefer Back because at least I don't feel like ONE SIDED. I hate it on my iPad Air, that I either watch it Portrait or use Headphones.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The rear-firing speaker on the Moto X was awesome. So if it's anything like that I will be happy.

Posted via Android Central App

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
This is one thing I'm glad they changed. I'd always cover the g2 and nexus 5 speaker playing games and watching videos with 2 hands or with my pinky one handed depending how I'm holding the phones...

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with the speaker on the back. When using the speaker on my G2 I usually have the screen side down and use the back buttons to switch songs.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It's quite possible that the thickness of the phone would not allow for a bottom firing speaker of the size LG uses. Although unconfirmed, if the G3 uses the same or similar speaker as the G Pro 2 it could be well above average for a back firing speaker. Based on G Pro 2 reviews I've read online the impressions of the speaker are usually of positive note and perhaps above average at the least.

Also: The G Pro 2 was also advertised as having a new, more powerful 1W speaker when it was introduced.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Back, Bottom. Non of these can compare to Dual Front Stereo which I don't get why it isn't the standard. :(

Having said that, I prefer Back because at least I don't feel like ONE SIDED. I hate it on my iPad Air, that I either watch it Portrait or use Headphones.

Agree! The problem with the bottom speaker in the G2 is that when I watch YouTube or any video, invariably my right hand cups the bottom speakers (as I watch my vids in landscape). At least on the back, with my hand, there is less opportunity to muffle the sound.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to upgrade to the g3.. The speaker isn't a deal breaker for me because the phone has too many pros :) I hope it sounds good though!

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One (M8) got 85.6 db, followed by the LG G Pro 2′s 1W speaker that got it an 85 db, then the Sony Xperia Z2 managed an 82 db with the Galaxy S5 coming in last with an 81.1 db. ePrice speculates that the water-resistance feature of the Z2 and S5 might be responsible for the small drop in volume compared to the M8 and G Pro 2.

I copied this because the G3 has the 1w speaker also ... so the sound should be right there with the m8
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I was very happy to see the speaker on the bottom on the G2. I am one of those rare people who use a belt holster for their phone. The speaker on the bottom is not muffled by my case like all back speakers are.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I love my lg g2 bottom speaker, why would lg change the speaker to the back? That's one thing I hated about my galaxy s3 and s4 (coming from iPhone 4S before the galaxy's). When the phone is laying on it's back the speaker is covered and you don't hear the full sound. I can't believe lg changed this. It's really upsetting. I can't be the only one who's bothered by this, am I? :(

I believe the speaker is not covered when the G3 is laying on it's back. That is due to the slight curve of the device. LG seems to have placed a lot of thought into developing this device. We will all know more when we can get our hands on this smartphone. I wouldn't be too upset at this point. I am sure the device will impress many of those who seem to have pre-launch criticisms.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5 has the speaker on the back. When I first saw tht, I went " What were they thinking?" But, due to a bump on the back, it works!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The front speakers on my M7 were great, too bad I never used them. If I can hear them for what I need I could care less where they are located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non