Really? Internal memory photo storage only?

Hunter_Hawaii

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a LG G3 from T-Mobile last week. I like the phone for the most part... However, I'm baffled that you cannot set the default camera storage to the SD card. There's no option. I called T-Mobile and LG customer service after scouring the Internet. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
i can set mine to my sd card. why cant u..

when i first got it and entered the camera it asked if i wanted to swich to sd.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
How can you change it?

I'm getting my sd card this week and I wanna be prepared. :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
How can you change it?

I'm getting my sd card this week and I wanna be prepared. :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

You gotta first have the SD card once insert go to the camera and it will show a pop up

Posted via Android Central App on my T-Mobile LG G3

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a LG G3 from T-Mobile last week. I like the phone for the most part... However, I'm baffled that you cannot set the default camera storage to the SD card. There's no option. I called T-Mobile and LG customer service after scouring the Internet. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

I got no idea what you are talking about, I have a 64GB Micro SD card in my phone and it saves the pictures to the card as a snap them

Posted via Android Central App on my T-Mobile LG G3

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When I take a picture and it saves to the SD card, it won't let me delete the pic. I get a message that says
"Failed! Android don't allow you to write the external storage since 4.4! It is a system bug, we can't fix it! "
I'm using LG's camera. Not a 3rd party app. Shouldn't LG's own camera be able to write to the SD card?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When I take a picture and it saves to the SD card, it won't let me delete the pic. I get a message that says
"Failed! Android don't allow you to write the external storage since 4.4! It is a system bug, we can't fix it! "
I'm using LG's camera. Not a 3rd party app. Shouldn't LG's own camera be able to write to the SD card?

Yeah- isn't that special? It's not a "bug". It's Google's intentional crippling of the microSD in KitKat. I got that message at first. Then somehow I had the option of selecting a default app to view photos. I chose Gallery (the stock app) and I can delete fine from there. It's really seamless after you set it up.

Note: I'm not rooted.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I put in my sd card I believe before I had even used the camera once... so it asked me if I wanted to save to sd card before I took my first pic and been saving there ever since.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I added a card three days after I got mine. A prompt came up when I opened the camera app. Music has the settings too and will move your music over to the card also. Get a 64gig

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87