Best Skins Body Coverage Review

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,
So I recently purchased the LG G3 on launch day here in Canada and like I do with all my devices I ordered the Best Skins Ever(BSE) Body protection (minus the screen protector) so it would arrive before I had my device.. It arrived the day before launch day and I applied it the moment the device came out of the box!

I have been using BSE products ever since I had my 8300 BlackBerry. I used them because their pricing is amazing and their product has great quality. You can get the front to back protection for ~$10 and it's just as good as the ZAGGs and Ghost Armor brands.

The reason it's so cheap because they don't have that fancy packaging with spray bottles and squeegees and advertising so this cuts down costs to give the customers better pricing!

So now on to the actual review with the G3.

Ordering/Shipping/Packaging
Ordering with BSE is always a breeze. The G3 skin was not on sale when I wanted to order it but the product link was visible with a "Coming Soon" label. I signed up to be notified about the G3 skin and like clock work, I got the email a few days later that it was available and placed the order. Shipping was International Standard and it said it would take 5-10 days. It arrived in just under 5 business days to Toronto. Packaging in recent years has upgraded to a harder cardboard envelope compared to a regular envelope they used to ship it out in.

Application
Since I order from BSE a lot I have a step by step process that may be different from others. I have my own spray bottle with a mixture of Water and Dishsoap. It's pretty much the same application process as others but you need to find a blunt card to use as a squeegee. If you use a credit card I find it can get caught along the skin and leave marks on it.

I use a combination of a blow dryer, squeegee, paper towel (to suck up the water as I squeegee it to the sides), and sometimes my glass stove top (yes my stove top, I'll explain later).

The Fit
I find that the curved backs of the G3 made the skin much harder to apply. The fit was almost TOO perfect as it didn't allow for much movement of the skin. It was REALLY hard to get the edges and top corners to stay down, even with pressure and using a blow dryer to try and get it to the stick faster. This is where the stove top comes up. If you heat up your stove top(if you have a glass top one) for 5-10 seconds and lightly apply the back cover edges for a split second and apply pressure it works like a charm! the heat causes the skin to get "tacky" and allows for better adhesion. But again it was still a bit hard from past skins I had to get the top rounded corners to stay down. I did the stove top trick a few times before it stuck and i left it there for a few hours applying pressure once in a while.

After a few days the skin looks good, but again along the edges there are some spots where it's lifting and I can see that dirt/dust can get collected there eventually. As I was trying to reapply one of the corners my nail pulled and stretch a bit of it (seen in picture).

But once the skin cures it looks great, but I do think if they adjusted the size by a millimeter it would be easier to apply and you wouldn't be able to feel the edges of the skin. the Nexus 5 skin was also a pain due to their curved corners and edges and the skin was for lack of a better term "too perfect" where the edges were right along the edge of the back. I find if it fits "too perfect" it causes for harsh edges and dirt/dush to get caught.

The Look
I love the look of the glossy skin. It makes it look clean and smooth. The downfall to the skin (any skin) is that it takes away from the G3 Brushed Metal look. You can somewhat see it, but it's hard to see. So if you like the brushed metal look keep it naked and buy new back covers in the future when you want it to look like new again.

Here are some pictures.

e2b5246f-aa2d-4e51-a448-691491c0bccc_zpsf84fcdb1.jpgff40ece4-8814-40d0-b3e0-d9e15c75b06e_zps48a5d4a5.jpg52df2e24-4470-4067-9b57-005533c6a2e0_zps0b6ec38f.jpg

Conclusion
Here is the link to the G3 Skin:
Best Skins Ever for the LG G3

If you want quality invisible skin protection at a good price I would FULLY recommend BSE with any device you want to protect! It's sometimes a pain to put on, especially with the G3 but the more you do it the easier it gets. But this applies to all invisible skins! Unless you want to pay Ghost Armor $35 for the skin and the install.

BSE's customer service is top notch as I had them replace skins with no questions asked. Hope this helps someone! ; >

Before anyone asks I got the iloom Flex screen protector for my screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non