Let Me Fly High with the LG G3

denimourson

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, first time poster and recent lurker. I am going on vacation soon and I may not be able to reply until I am back from vacation but I cannot!,I repeat I cannot! hold away my excitement and mystery about the LG G3 and are looking for help from the LG G3 Android community on making my purchase decision.

My questions about the phone are below and thank you for the help.

**Please no warrant breaking modifications or rooting recommendations.**

1. What are the current problems for the LG G3 and how do you fix them if there are any solutions?

2.Is there a list of non compatible apps due to QHD resolution?

3. What launchers are capable to retain most of the ability of LG G3 features such as dual window and Knock On?

4. Can I get 6-8 hours of battery life with this phone?

2 hours of music
1 hours of YouTube
3 hours of Bluetooth
30 minutes of Gaming

Syncing:
One Email, Calendar,Weather and multiple social media accounts(Twitter, Facebook, Google+) at 3 hour intervals

5. Has any1 tried a micro usb Qi charging receiver on there AT&T LG G3( other variants of LG G3 welcome to comment)? What Qi chargers currently work with the G3 due to amperage output? Has Qi charging made the phone any hotter while charging?

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I gotta say that I have had ZERO problems with my G3 and I got it the day it was released. The more some ppl read on these forums, the more problems they "think" they have. I can get well over 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage. It is every bit as good as my S5 was in regards to battery life. Screen set to auto and looks great on all lighting and never gets hot. No lag. I never close apps as this wears battery down faster. No issues here at all. Best phone in the market today hands down.

denimourson

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I gotta say that I have had ZERO problems with my G3 and I got it the day it was released. The more some ppl read on these forums, the more problems they "think" they have. I can get well over 24 hours on a charge with moderate usage. It is every bit as good as my S5 was in regards to battery life. Screen set to auto and looks great on all lighting and never gets hot. No lag. I never close apps as this wears battery down faster. No issues here at all. Best phone in the market today hands down.

Thanks, good to hear that the battery life can last well over 24 hours on moderate usage. Sometime people's concerns can be real some as some current M8 are dealing with the Camera scratching and even cracking,that isn't manufacturer replaceable without paying a fee.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Not doubting you but I've never heard this before. How does closing apps drain the battery?

darlene24

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any problems encountered in my LG G3 since I was bought this. It is perfectly made and all the specs were awesome. the battery life is really good. It's also a friendly user smartphone, I haven't hard using LG G3, just to share I so loving the whole.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just completed a multi city trip with the G3 as my daily driver. Battery life was excellent with no issues and heavy use.

Posted via Android Central App

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not doubting you but I've never heard this before. How does closing apps drain the battery?

Depends.

If you are closing apps that you are constantly re opening... Or that android is reopening in the background... Then it requires more cpu power to restart and app that to pull it out of the background cache.

Android, unlike a fee generations ago, is very capable of handling background apps and battery drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Closing apps in the background makes your phone start all over when reopening the app. Your phone will keep apps that you use close at hand so to speak and it's able to open them quicker. Your phone will close them as it needs RAM. There is never a need to close all apps that were running. They are not running in the background.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you spend time reading the posts here and using the search feature. All of your questions have been asked and answered quite a few times. :)

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I suggest you scroll through all the threads. There are multiple issues that users have encountered with the G3. Some might be deal breakers for you. Many users are experiencing the same flaws.
My store in New York City says the G3 is by far their most returned and exchanged device. They no longer suggest it to customers because they're tired of seeing it come back. For what it's worth their Samsung S5's, Notes and HTC m8s don't come back.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you scroll through all the threads. There are multiple issues that users have encountered with the G3. Some might be deal breakers for you. Many users are experiencing the same flaws.
My store in New York City says the G3 is by far their most returned and exchanged device. They no longer suggest it to customers because they're tired of seeing it come back. For what it's worth their Samsung S5's, Notes and HTC m8s don't come back.

Nreeldeep strikes again :p

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I find that hard to believe. I asked two Verizon stores today what they thought and they said it's fantastic and very low return rates compared to the s5.