Should have I used Clean Master on my LG G3?

A

AC Question

So I got clean master because I thought it would be a good idea. Which I thought it was, it kept my RAM and storage in line. My phone (lg g3) has been great. Well I started thinking that maybe this could corrupt my OS or apps. Nothing has happened. I know that clearing the cache is fine, and ending certain app processes is ok. But, I also let it remove residual app data for Themer and a widget app. Is this ok, or did I hurt my phone somehow. I have since uninstalled it, just in case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It won't corrupt anything, but in general, manually killing tasks to clear RAM should not be necessary (especially with a monster phone like the G3). It may even be detrimental to the battery, since a many of those apps may restart on their own, only to be killed again. That cycle costs battery life.

alackthereof

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
what is the easiest way to kill apps then when you don't want them running anymore? If you swipe them away in the recent apps menu does that kill them like it does on Samsung phones?

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I also swear by "Greenify". While it really shines with Rooted devices, it still works great without root, as long as you enable the "Auto" feature which is kind of hidden in the Accessibility settings. I'm also a long-time CleanMaster user, and have had not issues, using it for 1+ years on multiple devices.

I trust you also know there is a "Smart Cleaning" area built right into the G3 Settings menu. This doesn't do everything that CleanMaster can, but it provides the basics and I assume you can "trust" it, as it's part of LG's own software set. Good Luck!