11-30-2014 01:15 AM
66 123
tools
    Looks good on paper. I would have to see it in person. Not certain if I would jump ship yet.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5 😎
    wctaylor79 and frope01 like this.
    10-17-2014 08:06 AM
    I came to the G3 from the GNote 3 because I wanted a phone I could control better with one hand. The N6 would be a step back towards something I moved away from.

Never mind I really like the G3 and have no reason to want to leave.
    10-17-2014 11:03 AM
    I actually just ditched my nexus 5 a week before this was announced. I'll never get a phone bigger than the G3 as even this screen is pushing it for me. I've experienced some lag on the display and that's the only complaint I have thus far, and hopefully that will be my only complaint.
    xocomaox likes this.
    10-17-2014 12:40 PM
    Hell no!

Besides the Note 4's screen and soc, I have no interest in any other phone right now. LG has me with their big screen in small form factor build and design. Samsung should take 'Note', lol!! The G4 is going to be a highly anticipated device thats for sure!
    xocomaox likes this.
    10-17-2014 01:34 PM
    Nope! I will be keeping my G3 for at least 12 months! Love it!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 09:02 AM
    After some thought, I might just keep my G3. Considering a Nexus 9, though.

I'll definitely flash something, though. Deodexed stock or AOSP L or something, in an effort to minimize lag.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 05:21 PM
    After some thought, there's a definite chance I'll be jumping ship. It all boils down to the fact that I just prefer the look and feel of unmolested Android. Optimus isn't that bad, but it's still a bit heavy handed for my tastes and a wee bit clumsy in transitions.

Now, I have a little bit of time, so things could change. If there was a fully functional custom ROM for the G3, then my issues are moot and the main thing drawing me to it is the name on the back... And I might even get a 5.0 build for the G3 before LG gets one out. And if LG put out update that cleared up the kinks...

But as is, a new Nexus, running a new Android release, is extremely tempting. I might stay... The G3 is an incredible phone. Heh... Have to wait and see.
    10-26-2014 05:59 PM
    I'm starting to get bored and it hasn't even been three months. FML. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 07:41 PM
    Ok... I might have to reassess my feelings. I just flashed the cloudyg3 ROM for the D851... Which has the latest update from LG (T-Mobile was still behind).

All those stutters, hesitations, hiccups, gone. It's now very responsive. Transitions, recents, you name it. They weren't kidding when they said LG improved things... The engineers must have put on their big boy pants and done some serious optimization.

So with that in mind, some of my desire to move to that nexus melted away with the missing lag.
    10-26-2014 11:13 PM
    I haven't had any of the problems with my G3 mentioned here and while I'm an early adopter always looking for the latest and greatest, I was so disappointed in the Nexus 5 that I can't work up any enthusiasm for the 6.
    10-27-2014 06:05 AM
    Ok... I might have to reassess my feelings. I just flashed the cloudyg3 ROM for the D851... Which has the latest update from LG (T-Mobile was still behind).

All those stutters, hesitations, hiccups, gone. It's now very responsive. Transitions, recents, you name it. They weren't kidding when they said LG improved things... The engineers must have put on their big boy pants and done some serious optimization.

So with that in mind, some of my desire to move to that nexus melted away with the missing lag.
    Its a nice ROM and so smooth but I missed the sound mod from S3v3n's Android now build 1.6.

This is also a smooth ROM and 2.0 build 10M is cooking.

Glad your now enjoying your G3 :-)

10-27-2014 06:27 AM
    Well, I was enjoying it before... But after fiddling with 5.0 on my wife's Nexus 5, I got anxious. Between the smooth operation and lollipop, I was seeing a Nexus 6 in my hands.

But the Cloudy build is good enough to turn that volume down.
    10-27-2014 06:47 AM
    Well, I was enjoying it before... But after fiddling with 5.0 on my wife's Nexus 5, I got anxious. Between the smooth operation and lollipop, I was seeing a Nexus 6 in my hands.

But the Cloudy build is good enough to turn that volume down.
    Note: volume down but not muted lol

10-27-2014 06:53 AM
    Note: volume down but not muted lol

Well.. yeah... kinda.... I would be lying if I said that I won't go strolling into my local TM store to take a look at one in person once they come out... and if I DO get one, it won't be because of a problem with the G3.
    10-27-2014 12:13 PM
    Well the Nexus 6 pre-order started today and was sold out in less time it takes to boil an egg.
    No biggie for me. I plan on getting one on Easy Pay from Sprint on the day it is released.
    Blue, 32GB is my plan.

Anyone else gonna move to the N6?

Mav.
    10-29-2014 01:26 PM
    ^^^I'm strongly inclined to add one to my collection. It depends on what the camera performance is.

10-29-2014 01:54 PM
    ^^^I'm strongly inclined to add one to my collection. It depends on what the camera performance is.
    I hear it is pretty darn good. Very similar to the Moto line.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10510...36333050111233

Mav.
    belodion likes this.
    10-29-2014 02:02 PM
    No, already have a Nexus7......and I think it's smaller LOL

Well the Nexus 6 pre-order started today and was sold out in less time it takes to boil an egg.
    No biggie for me. I plan on getting one on Easy Pay from Sprint on the day it is released.
    Blue, 32GB is my plan.

Anyone else gonna move to the N6?

Mav.
    akira751 likes this.
    10-29-2014 03:52 PM
    I would love to have a flagship Nexus with stock Android but I won't pay more to lose the better camera, removable battery, and expandable storage and similar specs. Motorola hasn't proven they can make a good camera yet and we know the G3 has a killer camera. Also I find the Nexus 6 too large. I used to own a Nokia Lumia 1520 and although I loved the 6" screen I really missed the one handed use so I won't go back that big again. The G3 is perfect especially since I fixed the lag issue. Hopefully next year Google will make 2 Nexus devices like Apple did this year with the iPhone. If a smaller version is released then I will jump on it but I will be a happy G3 user for at least a year

10-29-2014 05:55 PM
    I think the Nexus 6 is a great phone but I'm going to pass. The G3 is the perfect combination of screen size and portability.
    10-29-2014 06:33 PM
    I think the Nexus 6 is a great phone but I'm going to pass. The G3 is the perfect combination of screen size and portability.
    I'm leaning more and more to this position. Running CloudyG3 1.1, the phone is finally performing the way it should be... smooth UI, quick and snappy (which it wasn't quite doing on any of the native D851 ROMs I've run). So functionally speaking, it's pretty damn near perfect at this point. Screen's a gem, battery has been great.. .camera is stellar. If I WAS to switch, it certainly wouldn't be because of something lacking on the G3.... not now. And with LG committing to rolling out 5.0 within the next 8 weeks or so...

Speaking of that... I had been thinking I'd wait until the N6 got some soak time in the field so people could get some good, in depth reviews out.. Now I think I'll reserve judgement until AFTER LG releases the 5.0 G3 update... which might ultimately only be a couple of weeks after the N6 shows up on shelves. That would rule.
    justmikey likes this.
    10-29-2014 10:04 PM
    I ended up passing. I think I'll just check out custom ROMs as more are available and just wait on 64-bit devices.

I have my Lumia 1020 to also toy with, will likely swap out my G Watch, and am considering an N9.

Of course, I could change my mind on any given day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2014 05:16 PM
    Nope I'm good.
    11-01-2014 05:30 PM
    Nope. No SD card or 128GB option.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)
    11-01-2014 09:01 PM
    I hate not having an SD card. I definitely don't have a lot of data on my phone, but I like being able to pull it out whenever I need it
    11-02-2014 08:42 AM
66 123