LG G3 Anyone bailing for the Nexus 6?

techloebf

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone bailing for the Nexus 6?

No way, rather keep my G2 than move to a mid-tier phone. With the Droid Turbo and variants on the way, the components being offered is best on market type stuff. That is something that deserves your money.

Posted via the Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to see how much of the stuttering and lag gets smoothed out by lollipop. I don't want to root my phone because I'll probably jump to another phone in a year. Overall, I would say the G3 is a very good phone with a good amount of customizability built in, good camera, and I could easily stay with it for a year.

T-Mobile G3

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

The Nexus 6 looks cool, but I'm opting for the Note 4. The G3 is a great device, but the short comings of it far outweigh the benefits. It has one of the best, if not the best keyboard I have ever used and the build and size are great, but the screen, while decent, is highly overrated and dull, the device gets hot, having to press the screen multiple times just to get an action to work and the lag are just not enough to justify keeping this device for a year. I loved the G2 better actually. LG has the right idea and all, but maybe I'll check back again come the G4

Posted via Android Central App

bwhardy

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Sorry not I. Nice phone for sure, just toooooo big for me. My G3 is good.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Looks good on paper. I would have to see it in person. Not certain if I would jump ship yet.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

I came to the G3 from the GNote 3 because I wanted a phone I could control better with one hand. The N6 would be a step back towards something I moved away from.

Never mind I really like the G3 and have no reason to want to leave.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I actually just ditched my nexus 5 a week before this was announced. I'll never get a phone bigger than the G3 as even this screen is pushing it for me. I've experienced some lag on the display and that's the only complaint I have thus far, and hopefully that will be my only complaint.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Hell no!

Besides the Note 4's screen and soc, I have no interest in any other phone right now. LG has me with their big screen in small form factor build and design. Samsung should take 'Note', lol!! :) The G4 is going to be a highly anticipated device thats for sure!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After some thought, I might just keep my G3. Considering a Nexus 9, though.

I'll definitely flash something, though. Deodexed stock or AOSP L or something, in an effort to minimize lag.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After some thought, there's a definite chance I'll be jumping ship. It all boils down to the fact that I just prefer the look and feel of unmolested Android. Optimus isn't that bad, but it's still a bit heavy handed for my tastes and a wee bit clumsy in transitions.

Now, I have a little bit of time, so things could change. If there was a fully functional custom ROM for the G3, then my issues are moot and the main thing drawing me to it is the name on the back... And I might even get a 5.0 build for the G3 before LG gets one out. And if LG put out update that cleared up the kinks...

But as is, a new Nexus, running a new Android release, is extremely tempting. I might stay... The G3 is an incredible phone. Heh... Have to wait and see.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get bored and it hasn't even been three months. FML. LOL.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok... I might have to reassess my feelings. I just flashed the cloudyg3 ROM for the D851... Which has the latest update from LG (T-Mobile was still behind).

All those stutters, hesitations, hiccups, gone. It's now very responsive. Transitions, recents, you name it. They weren't kidding when they said LG improved things... The engineers must have put on their big boy pants and done some serious optimization.

So with that in mind, some of my desire to move to that nexus melted away with the missing lag.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had any of the problems with my G3 mentioned here and while I'm an early adopter always looking for the latest and greatest, I was so disappointed in the Nexus 5 that I can't work up any enthusiasm for the 6.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok... I might have to reassess my feelings. I just flashed the cloudyg3 ROM for the D851... Which has the latest update from LG (T-Mobile was still behind).

All those stutters, hesitations, hiccups, gone. It's now very responsive. Transitions, recents, you name it. They weren't kidding when they said LG improved things... The engineers must have put on their big boy pants and done some serious optimization.

So with that in mind, some of my desire to move to that nexus melted away with the missing lag.

Its a nice ROM and so smooth but I missed the sound mod from S3v3n's Android now build 1.6.

This is also a smooth ROM and 2.0 build 10M is cooking.

Glad your now enjoying your G3 :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was enjoying it before... But after fiddling with 5.0 on my wife's Nexus 5, I got anxious. Between the smooth operation and lollipop, I was seeing a Nexus 6 in my hands.

But the Cloudy build is good enough to turn that volume down.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I was enjoying it before... But after fiddling with 5.0 on my wife's Nexus 5, I got anxious. Between the smooth operation and lollipop, I was seeing a Nexus 6 in my hands.

But the Cloudy build is good enough to turn that volume down.

Note: volume down but not muted lol

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Note: volume down but not muted lol

Well.. yeah... kinda.... :) I would be lying if I said that I won't go strolling into my local TM store to take a look at one in person once they come out... and if I DO get one, it won't be because of a problem with the G3.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well the Nexus 6 pre-order started today and was sold out in less time it takes to boil an egg.
No biggie for me. I plan on getting one on Easy Pay from Sprint on the day it is released.
Blue, 32GB is my plan.

Anyone else gonna move to the N6?

Mav. :cool: