always listening

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So is it sad that I have had this phone for 3 months and I just found this feature ?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not really. When Big Red first brought out the M7 everyone on all of the other carriers had Always Listening and Battery Saver Mode. We then have received 3 OS updates and while it was announced that Super Battery Saver Mode was in the last update it was not announced, anywhere that I saw, that we also got Always Listening. By sheer accident I was answering a question about Google Now and stumbled upon Always Listening. I'm pretty sure it's been at least 3 months since the last update so if you're sad, then I'm sad. So I say no, not sad at all.:)

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
OP: Is it sad that I've had mine three-and-a-HALF months and I'm not entirely sure what Always Listening is....though it rings a bell?

Edit: posted same moment as Vid's post, having read which, though clearly written, I'm STILL not sure.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Always listening it's voice activation for Google Now from any screen just by saying "OK Google". It works for me so far even in every app I've had open when I've tried it. You can even set it to work from the lock screen so no more fumbling around. It does defeat my face lock but no one knows I have it enabled, well so far.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(Driving? What is dri-ving? It rings a bell but...)

Have you tried accessing your hidden or service menu? That's fairly deep. It's best not to mess around in there too much, if at all, but it's interesting stuff.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This is a Google Now feature, not a G3 feature. It even works on my old Galaxy S3 as well as my G3. It ate up a lot more battery on the Galaxy, though.

To turn it on, open the Google Now screen, scroll to the bottom, tap the menu icon then Settings. Tap Voice, "OK, Google" detection, and choose the options you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress