At&t G3 wireless charging

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Amazon sells replacement "stickers" for the inside back cover. It adds the charging contacts back in so there are 4 total vs the stock (US spec) 2 and the phone can then charge with a qi charger.
BUT... All of the adds, regardless of seller say "only works with Verizon and T-Mobile devices. Will not work with at&t G3's". Why? What additional block did they add that the other carriers didn't?? Can it be overcome?

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
From previous threads posted, the AT&T LG G3 only charges via PMA. Now, unless I am mistaken, AT&T actually disabled the QI hardware. As of a few months ago, there has been no work around. PMA is the ONLY option for AT&T.

Someone experimented with the stickers for QI, but it didn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
AT&T uses the PMA charging standard that is different from the Qi standard (a higher frequency). The LG G3 that AT&T sells has PMA wireless charging , and the phone can be charged with a Powermat from Duracell that uses the PMA standard. I just purchased a second Powermat that was on Amazon for under $15. They retail for $50 and Amazon normally sells them for around $35. Search on Amazon for Duracell Powermat2x PowerMat for 2 Devices
I'm using the Quick Circle case with wireless charging. Some Quick Circle cases do not support wireless charging.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T uses the PMA charging standard that is different from the Qi standard (a higher frequency). The LG G3 that AT&T sells has PMA wireless charging , and the phone can be charged with a Powermat from Duracell that uses the PMA standard. I just purchased a second Powermat that was on Amazon for under $15. They retail for $50 and Amazon normally sells them for around $35. Search on Amazon for Duracell Powermat2x PowerMat for 2 Devices
I'm using the Quick Circle case with wireless charging. Some Quick Circle cases do not support wireless charging.

Will the sticker allow this as well or only the case? I prefer not to run with a case.
Frustrating that I have to use different standards for this and my Nexus. 😠

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed