eSIM + S22 on AT&T Prepaid?

MikeSo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Been back and forth with Customer Service at AT&T (chat and phone) as well as gone to the corporate AT&T store, and nobody is able to get my S22 eSIM set up, although everyone also say it should be possible.

At the store, they said I need a physical paper with a QR code (which seems idiotic, since I could just scan it off a screen) but that they don't have any in stock?! Insane.

And on the phone, they said only Apple devices are available in the drop-down on their screens, so they can't activate it, even though the EID and IMEI are provided.

Anyone in the US had any luck with eSIM and AT&T Prepaid? I need it for dual SIM capability.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Been back and forth with Customer Service at AT&T (chat and phone) as well as gone to the corporate AT&T store, and nobody is able to get my S22 eSIM set up, although everyone also say it should be possible.

At the store, they said I need a physical paper with a QR code (which seems idiotic, since I could just scan it off a screen) but that they don't have any in stock?! Insane.

And on the phone, they said only Apple devices are available in the drop-down on their screens, so they can't activate it, even though the EID and IMEI are provided.

Anyone in the US had any luck with eSIM and AT&T Prepaid? I need it for dual SIM capability.

I’m on AT&T which can be rather limited on certain features. I suspect that eSIM only supported on AT&T postpaid accounts for your specific device.

MikeSo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I’m on AT&T which can be rather limited on certain features. I suspect that eSIM only supported on AT&T postpaid accounts for your specific device.

I wish they would say one way or the other. The phone definitely supports it (it's unlocked), and ATT doesn't show any information about it NOT being supported.

The problem is nobody at ATT seems to know anything at all.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I wish they would say one way or the other. The phone definitely supports it (it's unlocked), and ATT doesn't show any information about it NOT being supported.

The problem is nobody at ATT seems to know anything at all.

The first step is, did you purchase your device from AT&T directly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej