How can I control email alerts at night?

Chrisinhouston

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Controling email alerts at night

I've had my LG-G3 for 3 months now after a Samsung GS3 and am very happy with the switch and new features overall. However I have one thing I can't seem to get control of. I get email alerts in the middle of the night. I tried adjusting the settings for my email accounts to only receive email during peak times and when out of peak I have it set to manual which I would have thought meant I have to tell the mail to sync. I also have the Quiet Mode in Sound settings to be quite from 22:00 to 07:00. This worked for a while but the past few nights I got email alerts at 2am!

Am I missing something? I hate to turn the sound settings to zero as I will probably forget to bring them up in the morning and I could just put it to airplane mode, I really don't expect or want any calls at night but there is the possibility that an emergency call might come in from one of my kids!

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Controling email alerts at night

I downloaded a program called battery widget reborn to better monitor battery life. It has a setting called night mode that controls things while you sleep. I have it shut most everything to include background data off and I don't get any email at night. While not a perfect solution it may do what you need.

Posted via the Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Controling email alerts at night

Take a look at the app Silence Premium Do Not Disturb. Set it and forget it. Allows exceptions to call through when you decide.

Glen Cook

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hiya,

You might also look at an app I wrote called eNotify.
eNotify

As far your question about controlling email at night, it supports use cases such as:

"Alert me with a sound of my choosing if the email is from my boss and the hours are between 7 AM and 9 PM"

"Alert me with a sound of my choosing when wife emails and ignore the device's silent profile and play the alert sound at a volume of my choosing"

It has features like: Do not disturb time, Specific intervals for specific senders and the ability to override the device's silent profile for specific senders.

It works with any type of email (not only GMail). It is designed for people that work on-call or have a high volume of email. It pretty much does almost anything email scheduling wise and if you find something it cannot do please let me know!! :)

Cheers,
Glen