Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to do this? The instructions I've read say to hold the volume up+volume down+power (Really. Really?) until the phone vibrates and then to release the power button. My unit never vibrates and enters another menu which has nothing to do with Recovery.

So again, anyone had any luck getting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition?

G3 📱🍭

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
What kind of G3 do you have? Some have slightly different ways to get to recovery menu to wipe cache.

My Verizon one needs to have the Volume Down and Power Button held in until it comes up.

Melfunn

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Power off phone. Hold vol down & power until screen comes on. Release & immediately hold same buttons until recovery screen comes on.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to do this? The instructions I've read say to hold the volume up+volume down+power (Really. Really?) until the phone vibrates and then to release the power button. My unit never vibrates and enters another menu which has nothing to do with Recovery.

So again, anyone had any luck getting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition?

G3 ������������
Power off device.

Press and hold volume down. While continuing to hold volume down, press and hold power button. If you did it right you should see " Recovery Mode... loading " within about 5 seconds of the device turning on. If it goes past the first LG screen you didn't do it right.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called Reboot Manager, and you can reboot straight into recovery from there.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.jc.rebootmanager&token=ZfWcGCfE

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

Taken from the description..

3) It works on * ROOTED * phones only。 Please don't try to download or install this app if you don't know what "root" is.

As I figured as much.. These reboot apps, boot into recovery/bootloader, etc have always been root only related due to the need for superuser permissions access to send the command to reboot into the selected area.

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Taken from the description..

3) It works on * ROOTED * phones only。 Please don't try to download or install this app if you don't know what "root" is.

As I figured as much.. These reboot apps, boot into recovery/bootloader, etc have always been root only related due to the need for superuser permissions access to send the command to reboot into the selected area.

ahhhh okay. I didn't know if he was rooted or not

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This works every time.
http://www.android.gs/enter-recovery-mode-lg-g3/

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Apparently, I don't have the stock recovery on my D850 that allows you to wipe the cache partition. The recovery screen that came up with he method you posted only allows me to reset the device. I don't know if that is due to the Lollipop update or if I didn't really enter the Recovery menu and somehow entered some other menu.

It looks as if I may have to settle for clearing the cache in Settings ~~> Storage. There's no problem I just liked to be able to get into the Recovery menu and wipe the cache every now and then.

📱VI+🐉