LG G3 has terrible reception.

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Had my g3 for 3days and its going up for sale and i'm going back to my s5active. I love everything about the g3 except the reception. Its just plain terrible. It won't stay in lte its always in 4g, i have to goto airplane mode and back to get it to go to lte mode and then it doen't even stay in it long. I sat in my garage and living room with both phones and i bet i did 30 speed tests. The s5 averaged at least twice the speed. THis was with both in lte when the g3 would stay in it. My wifes m8 was also a lot better. I got a different sim card and no difference. I was really hoping the research i did about bad reception wasn't true but it is. I love the phone a lot better then my s5active and previous m8 but the reception is just bad. I go camping and spend time in the country during the summer and i can't take a chance of not having reception with this phone. I don't know how lg can make a killer phone with such terrible reception. It just went up on craigslist. Hope the next guy likes it more then me.

sinisin

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
4G is LTE just FYI. Remember the G3 can do every band except 2. I get excellent reception. I would make them change out your unit. This phone is an RF Monster. It sounds like maybe you have hardware issues....

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I bought it off craigslist so i don't think they will change it out. I really love this phone but can't put up with the bad reception. WHen i'm sitting with the g3 and s5 next to each other and doing a speed test and the s5 is 2 to 3 times faster it a no brainer to go back to the s5. Its also a att phone on there network.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It won't stay in lte its always in 4g,???
Sounds like one of those high class problems.......yeah, I'd kick it to the curb as well, 4G sucks.

Back to reality.....the LG3 is not known for poor reception. I'd venture a guess that the phone you purchased has an issue.

Had my g3 for 3days and its going up for sale and i'm going back to my s5active. I love everything about the g3 except the reception. Its just plain terrible. It won't stay in lte its always in 4g, i have to goto airplane mode and back to get it to go to lte mode and then it doen't even stay in it long. I sat in my garage and living room with both phones and i bet i did 30 speed tests. The s5 averaged at least twice the speed. THis was with both in lte when the g3 would stay in it. My wifes m8 was also a lot better. I got a different sim card and no difference. I was really hoping the research i did about bad reception wasn't true but it is. I love the phone a lot better then my s5active and previous m8 but the reception is just bad. I go camping and spend time in the country during the summer and i can't take a chance of not having reception with this phone. I don't know how lg can make a killer phone with such terrible reception. It just went up on craigslist. Hope the next guy likes it more then me.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have great reception with my G3 either an ultimately that's why I got rid of it. Maybe just my device but at the time I remember a few people having similar issues. Probably depends on carrier and which model you got, but it was a good phone just not good with keeping a signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It's a problem staying in 4g when other phones in the same place are 4lte and running twice as fast. I'll try the factory reset but it was done before I bought it.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think a factory reset will resolve this. It truly sounds like a radio issue with the hardware. Bad luck on Craigslist, sorry.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a problem staying in 4g when other phones in the same place are 4lte and running twice as fast. I'll try the factory reset but it was done before I bought it.

Am I missing something? Aren't "4g" and "4LTE" the same thing?

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It won't stay in lte its always in 4g,???
Sounds like one of those high class problems.......yeah, I'd kick it to the curb as well, 4G sucks.

Back to reality.....the LG3 is not known for poor reception. I'd venture a guess that the phone you purchased has an issue.

^^This^^

My G3 has no reception issues. Then again, I'm in NYC where theres a tower on every block, lol! :)

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I think it's your g3 my g3 is 10x faster than my s5. As for reception, same as my s5. They were both Verizon and have no trouble getting and keeping service. Try factory reset before you put it up for sale. Its a better phone than s5 don't give up yet lol

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had no issues either with reception on my g3 and I have sprint ( enough said ) sounds like to me also that you have either a bad unit or maybe even bad firmware, are you running 5.0.1? Also 4g is LTE it is called 4g LTE meaning 4g long term evolution.

Posted via Android Central App

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Contacted att to see if they could do anything and they opened a file and someone is supposed to call in the next couple days. We'll see what happens, hopefully I can get it figured out because I really like the phone.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Contacted att to see if they could do anything and they opened a file and someone is supposed to call in the next couple days. We'll see what happens, hopefully I can get it figured out because I really like the phone.

1st - It sounds like someone sold you a bad phone.
2nd - Contact LG. There's a chance they'll fix it for you.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad. Up here in Canada, LTE signal strength is good in most place I travel too, and in the major cities across the country it's great. One difference up here though, my g3 doesn't show 4g or even 3g when LTE drops off, it only shows HSPA+. Which is 4g,if I am not mistaken.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately we are dealing with "electronics" here and there is always a margin of error.
I had a Sammy S3 with poor reception, turned out to be the internal radio. Once replaced reception was just fine.

Visualdesine Perry

May 30, 2015
Visit site
i have found that if you are in a bad area for 4g and your cell is set to network gsm cdma lte auto, then the g3 loses the 4g signal and scans for the 3g band or 2g band, so whilst its doing this, you have no reception, so the only way round this is to change your network type to anything but lte, so the only fault this phone has is changing between network type when you lose lte, maybe a bug in firmware as it is not the antenna because i have changed the network types and get full signal without any drop offs or loss of signal quality,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87