i got problems!

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey! I defected from Apple, and traded for a used LG G3 with lollipoo... Below is a list of my problems. Does this sound like lollipop bugs, or did i get a lemon?

Bluetooth constantly disconnects/reconnects

Google play and native music app stop playing when screen dims (no problems with spotify or poweramp)

Front facing camera crashes

with headphones, songs randomly skipping... Or plays for awhile before skipping

Gets hot

Factory reset did nothing

... I'm pretty disappointed! Phone would be sweet otherwise

anon(4922844)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
These are Lollipop problems. My Moto X has almost all of these issues. Lollipop has a memory leak meaning it will close background apps when the ram memory gets full. Bluetooth, music and launchers have been an issue for me.

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
These are Lollipop problems. My Moto X has almost all of these issues. Lollipop has a memory leak meaning it will close background apps when the ram memory gets full. Bluetooth, music and launchers have been an issue for me.
Ok thanks for the info. So we just have to wait for the update?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Mmmmm, I have none of those problems at all.
I have an unlocked, International version (D855) running on AT&T is the US with Lollipop.
No problems at all.

Fred

sinisin

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Heat issues often come from phones that have been rooted. Thermal Mitigation is turned off.

That said you're kinda stuck unless you have it reflashed to stock and then unlocked again.

anon(4922844)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. So we just have to wait for the update?
Yes, nothing you can do to prevent the memory leak, a lot of the issues occur when you have several background apps running. Just Google Lollipop memory leak. Its a well known problem and should never have been released.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure the original carrier, but it is now unlocked and using Telus (canada)

Go to System settings->About phone->Hardware info
The model # is listed on top. It may be useful to know.

If all else fails do another factory reset - and install only a handful of critical apps, and see if it works better.

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Go to System settings->About phone->Hardware info
The model # is listed on top. It may be useful to know.

If all else fails do another factory reset - and install only a handful of critical apps, and see if it works better.

D852.
I may just do that. Thanks for the advice.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey! I defected from Apple, and traded for a used LG G3 with lollipoo... Below is a list of my problems. Does this sound like lollipop bugs, or did i get a lemon?

Bluetooth constantly disconnects/reconnects

Google play and native music app stop playing when screen dims (no problems with spotify or poweramp)

Front facing camera crashes

with headphones, songs randomly skipping... Or plays for awhile before skipping

Gets hot

Factory reset did nothing

... I'm pretty disappointed! Phone would be sweet otherwise

One more thing. Do you have your music stored in microSD card or main memory? If on microSD copy mp3's from your PC to the main memory and see if there's a difference. I assume you've tried this. Remove the microSD card from your phone and let us know how it goes. A bad microSD care could explain some of those problems, unlikely but worth a try.

Last edited:

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
One more thing. Do you have your music stored in microSD card or main memory? If on microSD copy mp3's from your PC to the main memory and see if there's a difference. I assume you've tried this. Remove the microSD card from your phone and let us know how it goes. A bad microSD care could explain some of those problems, unlikely but worth a try.

i never thought of that! thanks, i will let you know how it goes.

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
So... I decided to factory reset it for the 3rd time... So far so good! Play Store keeps getting stuck updating apps tho.
Front facing camera still doesnt work too. Rest of the issues seem good!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Explain exactly what happens when using the front camera. Also you removed the SD card? If that helped place it in a card reader and perform some file operations. If it's bad likely will show errors. You can also reformat.

robbie24

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Explain exactly what happens when using the front camera. Also you removed the SD card? If that helped place it in a card reader and perform some file operations. If it's bad likely will show errors. You can also reformat.

I ended up leaving the SD card in, so that must not have been it.
For the front camera, I'll open the camera app up and the rear camera works fine, but when I switch to the front camera, everything freezes. When I exit the app and go back into it, it freezes at a black screen. The only way to fix it is by clearing the cache. At this point, it will open again, but only in rear camera mode.

Thanks for all your help!

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't say for sure, but could be the previous user did the phone for a reason, to unload a defective device. Based on my experience your problems are not typical.