Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-05-00-02-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-05-00-02-43.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 85

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to ask, does it require a root?

The method linked in this thread does not.

If you already have root:

-Download firmware image and place on external SD.
-Flash TWRP with Flashify.
-Reboot to recovery.
-Wipe System, Data, Cache (make a full backup before this step)
-Install image from download.
-Reboot
-Profit

MinkaSimba

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I installed lollipop on my brand new LG G3 as soon as it came out. After all, it had to be an improvement or they wouldn't have created it, right? It totally ruined my phone! I could no longer talk over 20 minutes because it got so terribly hot that I couldn't hold it against my ear. Also, I always charge it to 100% at night before going to bed and it was always 98% to 100% in the morning. After the download, it dropped to 22% by morning. It was a total mess. I took it to the Verizon store and they gave me a brand new phone. I was so grateful to them. Now, I can't keep the system update from popping up so I go to the application manager (all) and delete the 'cache' first and then 'force stop.' It works for a few days and then the update keeps popping up again. My fear is that I am going to accidentally hit the 'install now' button. I wish there was a way to keep the system update from showing up completely. For now, I'll have to deal with it and be thankful that I got a new, perfectly working LG G3 from Verizon. My advice would be to forget lollipop. Believe me, and I'm a novice that can't do fancy things, so forget it and don't take a chance of ruining your phone.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had all sorts of issues with the first Lollipop update (23C) and the Verizon fix (to 24B). WiFi, account sync, battery life, all kinds of trouble. I had to root my phone to make it functional. I unrooted and took the latest update to 5.1.1 (35B). This has been really good on my back-to-stock G3. This phone might be a keeper again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer