How can I disable the address book?

A

AC Question

disable address book

Help I need to diable at&t address book in my lg g3 vigor cell phone I read the previous threads and it did not work

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: disable address book

No way to disable it permanently without being Rooted and removing the app altogether. Have u tried the *#*#2666#*#* code and entered the Menu??? Change the Registration from "Initialized" to "Completed" and it disables it (at least until u turn phone of and back on at which time it starts up again) and turning Auto-Sync OFF helps to keep that Damn address book from syncing with Google or whatever other accounts u have with contacts, and causing duplicate or in my case triple entries of the same contact. With at&t address book along with my Google account, Facebook and Yahoo accounts I had 4 copies of each person when I opened the contacts app. Settings u can choose which contacts to display and like a or Facebook friends that I don't have a number for were taken out of contact list by choosing the "Display only Contacts with numbers" option. I too hate AT&T address book but I've searched and nothing to disable it for good without Rooting your phone and removing the app. Doesn't even have that disable button in App Settings lie the other AT&T bloatware does. Same thing with McAfee Security App that AT&T took it upon themselves to install during an update and never set it up and did factory reset and it asked me for McAfee Security PIN code before I could unlock it which I did have cuz I never set one up. Had to get phone replaced because of it, and as far as other options in that "hidden address book menu" I don't know what any of it does and tried to find info but no luck.... The Registration thing I do about once a week to make sure it's still on Completed and if it's not I put it on to keep that stupid app off! Sorry not more help.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LGG3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa