LG G3 continously shuts down and restart

Spellbomber

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I bought this unit 6 months ago without warranty. Suddenly the phone shuts down and restart but after the LG Logo showed up it shuts down again and do the same thing all over again. It does not happen if the phone is being connected to a charger but as soon as i remove it, even if it says fully charged it will do the same thing. Any ideas if its the battery or unit that has a problem?
Please help me on this one. Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

My guess is battery. It may be possible to have it tested by a repairer.

demon09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue too--a new battery didn't help me.

I'm convinced it is software based. After I finally got fed up with the issue I rooted and installed a CM 13 rom and everything was fine, no random restarts anymore (i.e. I no longer think it was battery), but I couldn't use NFC while rooted and I use it a lot, so I went back to unrooted stock rom, and the random restarts happened again.

After I went back to stock, I tried buying the new battery. My battery life has been a bit better on the new one, but the random restarts still happen. The other strange thing is that after the restart, it doesn't clear the cache (you can open the recent apps tab and everything is still in there), but an actual restart would--so it seems tied to how the software is managing memory or power somewhere.

None of this happened on previous versions of the stock rom either, so it seems this is a 5.0 issue for the G3.

Edit: although, a caveat to my issue--this happens while the phone is in use (random reboot while I am browsing, email, etc.)--maybe my issue is a bit different since it sounds some here don't even get past boot screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez