LG G3 not playing mp4 video

J_r7i

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG G3 that won't play an mp4 format video. The thing that has me stumped is I took this video in HD with my G3 and it played right through fine the first couple of times. And I'm stummped as to why?

It's only a 5 minute video. But I just tried playing it again and halfway through I get a message after it stops that says "cannot play this video type" and it stops. The video is saved to the phones internal memory not my SD card. I've tried MX,VLC and other mp4 players with no luck. Any solutions? Thank you for any help with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, copy the video file to your computer hard drive via USB connection, in case there's any data corruption that might be getting worse. Are you able to play the video normally on the computer?

J_r7i

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi I don't actually have a computer,I use my phone for all mt needs. I took the video with my phone and it's gotten better. Its a 5:00 video and it'll play till the 2:40 mark where before it wouldn't play last time past the 140 Mark.

Also it won't unlock this one video from my unlocked files folder. Any thoughts? Thanks for your reply and help so far.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not familiar with a locked files folder. Does your phone have the ability to hide or lock files, or is it from a 3rd party file locker app?

J_r7i

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi I still haven't gotten the folder unlocked. Its native app not third party. The video player fine and was taken with my G3. Them all of a sudden this happened. I'm totally stummped here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I probably won't be able to help much further, since I don't have any direct experience with the G3 and that feature. If the file/folder locker is actually an app, try going to Settings>Apps, select that app, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. You might have to tap the Menu button and select Show System first, if it's considered a system app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38