Seeming lack of interest for the LG G4?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously considering the G4, but I don't seem to see too much interest here on the forum. I'd expect a lot more activity here. Or is this just my perception? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Seeming lack of interest?

Probably just perception if you're comparing it to the buzz the S6 and S6 Edge created. Also, expect the forums to be more active once the phone comes out or at least a date is set. You can bet you'll be able to find good reviews and info on the AC Blog :)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

There's been plenty of interest and a bunch of G4 articles on AC and other sites. I'm definitely interested and will get the G4 as soon as it's available if battery life is better than G3.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty interested. Even sold my droid turbo already for this while I could get a good trade for it still. But really besides arguing the 808 vs 810 processor, its not as if there has been any surprises or substantialy new info the last week or two. Would like to see a slightly better battery since the preliminary specs have the same battery as the G3 by all accounts. Surely a little bump wouldn't be so hard, esp with all the new powerhouse batteries coming out.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Hope they bring that promotion to the states. I'd be happy with just free screen replacement for a year.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Once it is actually out you will see lots of interest in it.

This phone will be the one to beat until the note 5 is released.. and maybe even then if it is all they claim it to be.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

LG G3 is still lauded by many as the best phone available (no, I'm not one of them :p I think the Note 4 is :D), so yeah, the G4 better 'bring it'.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I expected more hype and rumours, but the expected changes won't be as significant as that expected of the M9 or S6.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty interested. Even sold my droid turbo already for this while I could get a good trade for it still. But really besides arguing the 808 vs 810 processor, its not as if there has been any surprises or substantialy new info the last week or two. Would like to see a slightly better battery since the preliminary specs have the same battery as the G3 by all accounts. Surely a little bump wouldn't be so hard, esp with all the new powerhouse batteries coming out.

I've done the same thing - sold my Turbo and back to the S5. Hopefully the G4 pans out with some good specs and quick availability.

Posted via the Android Central App

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I've done the same thing - sold my Turbo and back to the S5. Hopefully the G4 pans out with some good specs and quick availability.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup, the camera on the Turbo was ridiculous. I can't tell you how many awful shots I wasted and all the ways you needed to try to "trick" the turbo into getting a useable pic. So this seems to be a huge upgrade. Camera and battery life are my 2 big points, and while this seems to be a smaller battery, a removable extra seems to solve that issue. I have high hopes for this!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Yup, the camera on the Turbo was ridiculous. I can't tell you how many awful shots I wasted and all the ways you needed to try to "trick" the turbo into getting a useable pic. So this seems to be a huge upgrade. Camera and battery life are my 2 big points, and while this seems to be a smaller battery, a removable extra seems to solve that issue. I have high hopes for this!

After using the Turbo for a few months and now the S5 again, I can really tell the difference with camera shutter lag on the Turbo.

I am looking forward to next week. On a side note, have you read anything where the availability is supposed to be almost immediate? I swear I read something about it and I can't find it now.

darthhen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I am interested...but at this point, I could careless about leaked specs and rumors. Looking to the official announcement.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

LG to launch new flagship G4 phone on May 31 - CNET

Yeah article states south Korea. I wonder if us gets it earlier or later? With the big reveal April 28, doesn't make sense to introduce it then put it on the shelf for over and month or two.

Yeah, it does say the G3 launched in South Korea first last year. I sure hope this isn't going to be the case for us - I'm ready for a new device.