05-21-2015 01:03 AM
46 12
tools
    05-11-2015 11:40 AM
    Thats a bonus for me. I already think the G3 charges quick and wouldve been happy it the G4 had the same charge time.

Cant wait for official word that QC works on the G4. (as in consumer testing)
    05-11-2015 11:49 AM
    I'm really excited about this. I probably would've gotten the G4 anyway, but it seemed like such a weird omission.
    05-11-2015 11:50 AM
    Good news! I don't know why it was mentioned that it didn't support it at the launch event
    tardus likes this.
    05-11-2015 11:56 AM
    It is good that they added Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible, I like that on my Nexus. I would rather have QC that Qi wireless, Qi heats up the phone due to the induction process.
    tardus likes this.
    05-11-2015 12:01 PM
    Thats a bonus for me. I already think the G3 charges quick and wouldve been happy it the G4 had the same charge time.

Cant wait for official word that QC works on the G4. (as in consumer testing)
    I think it showing up in Qualcomm's page is pretty official hehe. It might need a software update or something, though... not sure.
    05-11-2015 12:02 PM
    Good news! I don't know why it was mentioned that it didn't support it at the launch event
    The hardware supported it but LG decided not to use it and write into the software. Then everyone complained so LG decide to pay Qualcomm's royalty/licensees fees. Then all they had to due was rewrire the software with a sub-routine.
    smooth4lyfe and Steeltooth493 like this.
    05-11-2015 12:10 PM
    If they're already using Qualcomm SOCs, why wouldn't the licensing fee for Quick Charge already be rolled into the cost? Especially for a big customer like LG (I'm sure they use Qualcomm chips in other products besides phones).
    05-11-2015 12:38 PM
    Nice addition

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 12:42 PM
    That's good news! Some form of licensing and/or product readiness may be the reason for it not being announced or differed during the launch event. Either way, it's good news for consumers.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-11-2015 12:55 PM
    It's a neat answer to the criticisms. I wonder whether LG knew all along. I can imagine them smiling.

05-11-2015 01:02 PM
    This is great news! And QC > Qi wireless (for me anyway!)

Now I only need the G4 to be available in the US!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-11-2015 01:34 PM

Now I only need the G4 to be available in the US!
    This!!!!!!
    05-11-2015 02:01 PM
    Sammy fanboys are hard at work finding new things to bag on it about...

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...
    Anthony_NE and blessedred like this.
    05-11-2015 02:42 PM
    Guess what? I'm a 'Sammy fanboy' (I've had my fair share of Samsung devices and still in love with the Note series). And guess what? I still find the G4 to be very impressive.

But you have to admit, the fact that it didn't have Quick Charge was detrimental, and since it IS competing against the S6, not having it (or wireless charging) was meant to be a point of comparison, just as G4 'supporters' do with its removable battery.

I'm honestly waiting to try this one out and pit it against my trusty Note 4 (not so trusty after Lollipoop killed my battery life). I'm especially excited about the manual mode on the camera, which the Note doesn't have (it has some manual controls, but not the ones I really want to control).
    05-11-2015 03:00 PM
    Guess what? I'm a 'Sammy fanboy' (I've had my fair share of Samsung devices and still in love with the Note series). And guess what? I still find the G4 to be very impressive.

But you have to admit, the fact that it didn't have Quick Charge was detrimental, and since it IS competing against the S6, not having it (or wireless charging) was meant to be a point of comparison, just as G4 'supporters' do with its removable battery.

I'm honestly waiting to try this one out and pit it against my trusty Note 4 (not so trusty after Lollipoop killed my battery life). I'm especially excited about the manual mode on the camera, which the Note doesn't have (it has some manual controls, but not the ones I really want to control).
    I think most of us have been Samsung followers at some point, lol.

Samsung makes a fantastic device no doubt but LG is also doing great things with its flagship device and they should be well regarded right up there along with Samsung I feel right now. 2 companies with 2 fantastic devices for consumer consumption! Great time to be an Android enthusiast!
    Steeltooth493 likes this.
    05-11-2015 03:31 PM
    It's confirmed working on review units. We all have to wait and see til the official units are out to test ourselves but it's looking promising
    05-11-2015 03:32 PM

So I am opposite....I've only had lg android phones with the g2 and g3 now. I would be 100% sure on the g4,but I want to see the note 5 because I am tempted with the s pen. Would you miss it?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    05-11-2015 03:59 PM
    I probably will. I went from the Note 2 to the S4 because of the size and novelty, but ended up coming back to the Note line with the Note 3 because I did miss the S-Pen.

If you don't take notes usually or you don't find the appeal on actually writing annotations on stuff (or like to draw, but in my case I can't draw anything other than stick men hehe), you probably won't find the S-Pen all that useful.
    oldschoolsig likes this.
    05-11-2015 04:04 PM

You may be a fanboy but you are not the blind fanboy I should have mentioned. The frustrating ones are the ones who can't admit Samsung has ever done anything wrong or any other phone is better in any aspect ever.

sswitzer likes this.
    05-11-2015 04:17 PM
    It's great that it has quick charge now, but how will that work? Will you have to buy a separate charger or anything, or will LG include quick chargers straight out of the box? Does this change also add native Qi charging as well?
    05-11-2015 04:32 PM
    You may be a fanboy but you are not the blind fanboy I should have mentioned. The frustrating ones are the ones who can't admit Samsung has ever done anything wrong or any other phone is better in any aspect ever.

aka Richard Yarell

05-11-2015 04:35 PM
    It's great that it has quick charge now, but how will that work? Will you have to buy a separate charger or anything, or will LG include quick chargers straight out of the box? Does this change also add native Qi charging as well?
    The charger that's in the box is 1.8v and not 2.0v like the QC chargers so you'll probably have to buy it separately.

05-11-2015 04:36 PM
    Not sure about the charger, especially since the US version isn't shipping yet and they might change the chargers at least from now on. As for Qi charging, that's a hardware issue, it's not a 'switch' they can turn on and off in their software, so nope, that one is not possible unless they add the coils for it from the start.
    05-11-2015 04:42 PM
    Some markets might get QC 2.0 chargers but I wouldn't expect it. You can get good QC 2.0 chargers for $15-25 on Amazon.

No, this doesn't add out of the box Qi wireless charging. However, the LG quick circle case supports wireless charging and I'm sure there will be third party wireless charging back covers and stickers.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    05-11-2015 04:44 PM
46 12