Knock code - unlock or turn screen on

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about knock code, if you have it enabled and knock in the correct sequence, will it actually unlock the device or just turn the screen on, ready for pin code or pattern etc?

Cheers
Stewart

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about knock code, if you have it enabled and knock in the correct sequence, will it actually unlock the device or just turn the screen on, ready for pin code or pattern etc?

Cheers
Stewart
If I'm not mistaken, it unlocks the device completely.

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
It unlocks the device to the home screen. You can do it with the screen on or off. I have been in the habit of double tapping my phone screen right away when I take it out of my pocket or pick it up so I usually do the knock code with the screen on already. Same way it was on my G3.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
On my G2, with screen off, If the Knock Code feature is on, I cannot Knock On (double tap to turn screen on), even if I double tap not in the area of the of the four squares.
I can only do the code and it unlocks the screen to home screen.
You can however turn the screen with the power button, and only then do the code.

With it off however, you can double tap to turn the screen on, and use or not use another form of password or PIN.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Cheers
Stewart

You can knock your code directly with the display off and it will unlock your phone right to the home screen. I do it all the time on my G3.

The knock code replaces the PIN, although the PIN is used as a backup if you forget your knock code.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Perfect, thanks for the replies.

Is there anyway that knock code could be used for password authentication on apps (think TouchID on iOS)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro