Just got my LG G4 today!!!

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
That was fast. I ordered my Brown Leather G4 yesterday about noon and was told it would be here on June 3rd even with Over-night shipping. Just got the G4 now and just started downloading my Apps and charging it. Still haven't ported my number since they forced me to switch from MetroPCS to T-Mobile to get all the promotions or sell me the phone even though I paid the full cost of the G4. I even have a week left on my current MetroPCS account.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I love my G3 and the G4 is a better version of it, I already know I will love the camera but my testing will focus mainly on the battery life and what I can squeeze out of it. My best SOT on the G3 was 8 hours so we will see. I will also look at the differences of the two screens watching the same videos.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I pulled the trigger on the international variant today and am looking forward to testing it out. Definitely let us know how you are getting along with it as time goes on.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I definitely will keep you guys updated....I'm really digging the fact that it only updated 15 apps at boot, no carrier bloat and possibly no CIQ!!!

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally slapped my sim card and 128gb card in this bad boy.
No need to reformat card everything carried over just fine. (backed up anyway)
As for the sim card, I noticed in settings>more>mobile networks>network mode, selecting GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto it gets 4 bars sometimes 5.
Under GSM/WCDMA auto it gets 5 bars off the bat.
Also I noticed it doesn't show 4G LTE in my area and I am dead center and always got it to show LTE with my G3.
Anyone notice this? Maybe the G4 OS doesn't show this at all or has anyone seen it show LTE?
I just slapped the sim in from AT&T and everything seems to work fine minus not showing LTE.
If anyone knows another APN setting to show LTE please let me know.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The international version won't show 4GLTE in the indicator. You can use apps like lte discovery or signal check to verify that you are on lte. TMobile and att variants should show 4GLTE.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally slapped my sim card and 128gb card in this bad boy.
No need to reformat card everything carried over just fine. (backed up anyway)
As for the sim card, I noticed in settings>more>mobile networks>network mode, selecting GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto it gets 4 bars sometimes 5.
Under GSM/WCDMA auto it gets 5 bars off the bat.
Also I noticed it doesn't show 4G LTE in my area and I am dead center and always got it to show LTE with my G3.
Anyone notice this? Maybe the G4 OS doesn't show this at all or has anyone seen it show LTE?
I just slapped the sim in from AT&T and everything seems to work fine minus not showing LTE.
If anyone knows another APN setting to show LTE please let me know.

The 4G and not showing LTE wierded me out too but speedtest.net showed faster speeds than my G3 so i was happy lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216