G4 Manual Focus

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just LOVE having so much control over the camera on this phone! Sure, some features might fall short (I do miss being able to select the picture size, aka MP, having more options for video, etc.) and the interface might not be the most intuitive one when it comes to finding the right settings, but still... The feature i love the most is being able to manually control focus. True macro shots are super easy now without having to rely on the AF engine, and OIS helps A LOT to keep things nice and steady!

I'm still debating whether I prefer the picture quality of the Note 4 VS the G4 (they seem pretty damn nice, both of them), but so far, having full manual controls on the G4 is a HUGE advantage!

And now that Google stores nearly-full-size versions of my pictures, no excuse not to start playing with the camera! :D

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There is in fact a very good excuse, Spook....you're no good at photography. 😅

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you do!!! I'm very good at taking pictures! (When inspiration strikes hahaha)
I'm just waiting for the clouds to go away so I can take pictures of the sky with long exposure times :D

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Well spook! Maybe you can give us less manual camera experienced folks a hand!? I've always wanted to learn.

Sent from my VS986

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sure, whatever hints and pointers I can give, I'd be happy to! I'm no pro, but I do know the basics and when my brain isn't half-fried by work I do get some pretty inspired shots hehe

Although in this day and age, filters 'fix' a lot haha. I suggest you give Snapseed a shot if you haven't yet. It does produce some very amazing results in enhancing your pictures. And the 'magic' behind Google Photos' AutoEnhance is powered by it, too.