It's nice to see some negatives showing up...

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Let me explain that. It's nice to see people starting to mention the things that they DON'T like about the G4. Yes, some of them are subjective and a matter of personal preference, but that's good.

When we a new phone, unless it's a complete train wreck, we are in honeymoon mode. It's all roses and unicorns.

Now that people have had it a bit, they can see any things that they may have brushed off earlier as issues/dislikes.

This is great for those of us who HAVEN'T bought the phone yet. No phone is perfect, so it's nice to know what to expect, both good and bad.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It's also a good way for problem solving to start taking place, such as settings to use to help alleviate.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This is a very positive thread or is it? 😜😜😜😜

Seriously great to see this one open for both pro & cons and problem solving 😀

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The main reason most folks look online or find a forum, issue fixes lol

AC has become the perfect place for this, i remember when it was just Howard Forums back in the day

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
One of my biggest pet peeves with LG phones (especially coming from a Samsung Note 4 and Note 4 Edge) is the auto brightness. The auto brightness on the G4 is so dim. I like to keep auto brightness on to conserve battery, but man...the G4 adjusts the screen brightness all the way down. Comparing the 3 phones side by side, the Samsungs are at 60-75% screen brightness and the G4 is about 45% brightness. I wish there was a way to tweak this a bit.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
One of my biggest pet peeves with LG phones (especially coming from a Samsung Note 4 and Note 4 Edge) is the auto brightness. The auto brightness on the G4 is so dim. I like to keep auto brightness on to conserve battery, but man...the G4 adjusts the screen brightness all the way down. Comparing the 3 phones side by side, the Samsungs are at 60-75% screen brightness and the G4 is about 45% brightness. I wish there was a way to tweak this a bit.

Yes its not the best implementation dude, im sure there are apps to help with this.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Funny you mentioned this. Playing with the G4 at best buy yesterday I knoticed the screen was really bright, then I turned on auto brightness and it dimmed a lot compaired to my note 4.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mentioned this. Playing with the G4 at best buy yesterday I knoticed the screen was really bright, then I turned on auto brightness and it dimmed a lot compaired to my note 4.

Yep; the screen can be very bright when turned all the way on (probably too bright), but the auto brightness is horrible.

Duncan1982, I want to do that natively without 3rd party apps. Wish they had an option to adjust auto brightness within the settings instead of downloading something else.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It's also nice to see maturity. It's "blah blah issue is bothering me, does anyone know a fix?" Instead of "this phone is crap because it blah blah".

If love to know the issues before I actually get mine, because there may already be fixes that people have found and shared on here.

*Side note: Why no release date info yet from the big 3 here in Canada? Booooo. I keep hearing the 19th mentioned, but nothing official yet.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

Oliver Newell

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I love my g4. The points i didnt like in my previous phone arent here. In a months time or so Ill probably post back on my thread my opinions but so far after a long 2 days, nothing 😝

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
There are some pretty good apps for customizable auto brightness. Try Velis auto brightness.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch