Screen protector advice

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a screen protector but I hate putting them on. I can never get it right no matter what. So I want to purchase one and have someone put it on. I just don't know where to go or what kind to get (glass vs plastic?).

I see those mall kiosks and I thought I heard they do it at best buy but what type do you all recommend and where do you recommend I get it installed?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I found the trick with me is to wear those latex rubber gloves...the ones without powder, if they have powder then wash them prior.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Pro tip-

When removing the film before application , make sure the sticky side is facing down, towards the phone. Dust is less likely to hit the sticky side that way.

Novice tip- apply in the bathroom with the shower running so that the steam squelches the dust.

Common sense tip- test fit the screen protector before peeling any film, so that you know where it's supposed to be before application! Good luck!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Prefitting is a absolute must as well as doing this in good lighting conditions.

Since I started using tempered glass screen protectors I have found that the best way for me to install them is to prefit first and really pay attention to how it looks. I start my placement at the bottom of the phone first holding the glass on the edges and place the lower edge first at a angle so that it isn't sticking at all. This allows me the opportunity to move it into the exact place I had it before when Prefitting it.

I use my thumb to keep it in place and start sliding my fingers on the edges away from the edge touching the bottom reducing the angle to allow it to contact the screen more. I make sure that the protector has good contact all the way across the bottom before releasing the glass onto the screen, then slowly working from the center bottom to the edges getting any large bubbles out first then moving up the screen doing the same.

The glass protectors are much easier to install than the film type and last much longer too.

The main thing with them is to practice placing them and holding them by the edges on the side not touching the adhesive side.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Didn't the op ask where to get one professionally installed?
I'm with him...who can I pay to do this right?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Go in the bathroom and run the hot shower until it gets nice and steamy. Make sure every thing is clean before you bring the phone and the protector in. Make sure your hands are clean or wear non powdered latex gloves. Wear a hairnet and do it in the nude if possible as lint particles constantly fall from your clothes (seriously). If you have pets make sure they are nowhere near. Follow the directions on the package closely. Take your time.

Posted via Android Central App

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I went into my local verizon and got it done there with Verizon's tempered glass protector. They always do the best job. They always have at least one guy/girl that does it.

Posted via the Android Central App

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Some advice - just use the phone. Your screen protector will end up more scratched than the screen anyways. Honestly... I used screen protectors for years until I realized that by the time I switch phones, I used the same beat up protector and never enjoyed the smooth screen.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Some advice - just use the phone. Your screen protector will end up more scratched than the screen anyways. Honestly... I used screen protectors for years until I realized that by the time I switch phones, I used the same beat up protector and never enjoyed the smooth screen.

Well,I've never used a screen protector,but have always used a slight case.....but that isn't happening with the leather back. Just trying to find a little protection

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I want one because I notice a small scratch on my screen already and it drives me nuts. I appreciate the advice about putting them on but I'd prefer to pay someone to do it. Gonna try T-Mobile tomorrow.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm lousy at putting on screen protectors by myself. I live down the street from the ZAGG corporate headquarters so I always just go there.

I took mine in yesterday and ZAGG hadn't even created a template yet, so they used mine as the model. Because of that I got it for free!

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't sound like you have ever used a tempered glass screen protector.

Posted on LG G3 via Android Central App