The stock launcher will let you change some icons!

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Accidentally discovered this feature. Wondering now if you can use icon packs

Attachments

• 5569.jpg
    5569.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 5567.jpg
    5567.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Been able to do this since the G2. But I don't think you can use icon packs. I have used a lot of search photos and edited them the way I want them for icons.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a really terrible and under developed feature. A poor selection of icons to use and no way to import icons from icon packs. This feature is as good as useless.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This will allow you to load a new theme but not a traditional icon packs used with other third party launchers like Nova.
Huh? It loads the icon pack and I'm currently loaded the custom icon pack as shown in my picture. There is no theme engine with G4.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is actually a really terrible and under developed feature. A poor selection of icons to use and no way to import icons from icon packs. This feature is as good as useless.

There is as shown in my earlier screenshot, Theme option under home screen unless you own a evil carrier model like Verizon.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
There is as shown in my earlier screenshot, Theme option under home screen unless you own a evil carrier model like Verizon.
It doesn't recognize all icon packs. Moonshine is my icon pack of choice and it doesn't show up on the theme list.

If it accepted all icons, that would be great, but it doesn't.

In any case, Nova Launcher is better than any OEM launcher.