Anyone get a Mophie Juice Pack case for the G4 yet?

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been very impressed overall with the battery life so far, but there are times where I know I will be away from a charger for an extended period of time. I'm thinking one of these may be nice for those times, and I have some Best Buy dollars to waste on it.

Anyone here picked one up yet, and have any thoughts on performance and feel of it?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I had one. Never had an issue with any cases and added bulk, as ive always used cases, usually spec. But i returned the mophie. Was an absolute monster. So big, so heavy. Id rather slide the extra battery in my pocket than lug that beast around. Was just too much.

Plus, when you swap a battery, you go from, say, 15% to 100% in literally 30 seconds. It seemed to charge slow and i think didn't even claim to get 100% back to your battery life.

As always, just my personal take.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've been very impressed overall with the battery life so far, but there are times where I know I will be away from a charger for an extended period of time. I'm thinking one of these may be nice for those times, and I have some Best Buy dollars to waste on it.

Anyone here picked one up yet, and have any thoughts on performance and feel of it?

Just curious.... Why not get a spare battery and just swap out?

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I had one. Never had an issue with any cases and added bulk, as ive always used cases, usually spec. But i returned the mophie. Was an absolute monster. So big, so heavy. Id rather slide the extra battery in my pocket than lug that beast around. Was just too much.

Plus, when you swap a battery, you go from, say, 15% to 100% in literally 30 seconds. It seemed to charge slow and i think didn't even claim to get 100% back to your battery life.

As always, just my personal take.

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback, exactly what I am looking for.

Just curious.... Why not get a spare battery and just swap out?
This is the other option I am considering. I do have the spare battery from the promo. Just trying to decide what is a better solution for me.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

This is the other option I am considering. I do have the spare battery from the promo. Just trying to decide what is a better solution for me.

I have a money clip hybrid wallet and keep a charged spare in it at all times.... Peace of mind, and for travel it's a must.. Battery independence!

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought one today and it's so huge! Feels and looks almost 2.5x thicker! Don't know if I want to keep it now but I'll give it a week. At least until lg sends me my spare.

Posted via the Android Central App

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

You should switch to swapping the batteries, more convenient and you get full charge right away.

GFour

Attachments

• 22778.jpg
    22778.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 41

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's what I did on the G3 and so far a few times on the G4. Just trying to figure out what will be easier on those super long days - carrying a 2nd battery, or having the Juice Pack case.

I may try to go see one at Best Buy and see how big/heavy it is to me, that might help make up my mind.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
As i said, i always used some sort of case. Never really bothered me. For the short time i had the galaxy s6 i did use the mophie, and it didn't seem to add much bulk. The G4, i had the speck case which was awesome for grip, but really, really difficult to get off. So swapping batteries wouldve become a huge chore.

Using the mophie case, it literally seemed like this turned the phone into an early 90s monster sized cell phone...huge, heavy, and slow charging. It was the first case that made me go caseless since, well, as long as i could remember. I threw a screen protector on my G4, and that, paired with the security of the extra battery, was a better alternative for me. It really is night and day, with and without the mophie. Good luck whatever you choose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699