What back cover do you have?

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the original plastic cover now. Free leather coming but.....
Because of camera lens (fear of scratches) I will always have a minimalist case on phone. (Qmadix obtained from Verizon.)
I may put my red leather back on the phone one day but it won't show under the case. I will still have the warm and fuzzy feeling knowing it is there.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the black leather back. I also have the red leather and metallic grey back.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier
Would like to see a photo of your red leather. I got the black leather in store, and it came with a promotion for an additional leather case. I was hoping for a dark brown option, but my choices were limited, and I ended up choosing red leather because it looked like it was going to be a burgundy red based on the photos. I really hope that's the case, because bright red isn't "my thing".

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Would like to see a photo of your red leather. I got the black leather in store, and it came with a promotion for an additional leather case. I was hoping for a dark brown option, but my choices were limited, and I ended up choosing red leather because it looked like it was going to be a burgundy red based on the photos. I really hope that's the case, because bright red isn't "my thing".
I have the red also. it is more of a burgandy. it's not bright at all. its classic looking and on the darker side like a brick red.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
It's kind of a deeper, darker red, not a bright red. Burgundy? Could be, I suppose, I'm no expert :) I don't know if I'd say it's quite as dark as that. One person's picture recently had made it look kind of pink; it doesn't actually look pink in real life.

If it's helpful, these show the red leather back against a white-paper background, along with a grey plastic back. Trying to provide a color "frame of reference" in the picture, to provide some sense of how this picture reflects reality. The first picture used the flash, the second did not.

If anyone has a picture of the orange, I'd be interested. Is it a bright orange? Or closer to tan?

Attachments

• 0731152116a flash, cropped.jpg
    0731152116a flash, cropped.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 0731152117a no flash, cropped.jpg
    0731152117a no flash, cropped.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 59

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Verizon black leather and I just received my blue leather back and battery and charger. Trying to sell the blue leather back now..

Sent from my Verizon LG G4 from my couch in Portland, Oregon

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll swap my new orange back cover for a extra battery or something else

Attachments

• 0724151606.jpg
    0724151606.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 45

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Have the red and black leather, also had the orange leather but I gave it away to another G4 brother. I switch between the black and red. Really like the red color but like the texture of the black better.

Attachments

• 0508152051.jpg
    0508152051.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 0508152049d_20150710230600120.jpg
    0508152049d_20150710230600120.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 44

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
I have the stock black, 2 red, blue and the Orange. the Orange is bright, and the black, blue and Orange have a nice texture and good grip, the red is smooth and buttery, and I think looks the most classic.
I would like to trade one of my red leathers for a yellow if anyone is interested. I'm keeping the others.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
How is the blue? Is it a light blue? I'd prefer a darker color with the more-durable leather texture. The yellow sounds bright, as well as the orange. To me, it would be nice if the blue was a darker, deeper shade.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm truly sorry but I must be doing something wrong . I can't find the pm or even how to send one

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
My red cover arrived last night. I have to say I am more than pleased, and I also like the subtle contrast I get from the black leather accents I had installed on the buttons and camera lens surround. BrownLeatherBack.jpg

gemgarden

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the grey plastic back and black leather back. I personally really like the leather material (smell and feel/touch) however the curvyness makes typing on a surface an issue. Reading online posts tells me the brown leather back is even more curvy which means it's hard to fit into a lot of cases or extremely tight.
Over time the grey plastic back is growing on me. I want to get the burgundy red leather back though it looks so classy/nice for a female.
Anyone know how curvy it is compared to the black leather back?